Use your Illusion VII: This NAIDOC Week remember: In the 60's, we were never as bad as South Africa

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Pantherjim., Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Immortal

We'll, Jim and boners think you're a racist, you see. That's why they're better people than you

It also means they can imply what you think and ignore your actual views

2. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

to criticise someone for asking what could possibly be reasoning for voting against the original inhabitants of this land being counted as human beings is difficult to comprehend as being anything other than support for such a decision... at the very least it's virtue signaling itself.... kinda like Jimbo's condescending sarcasm indicates he has an unfounded belief that he is intellectually superior to those who disagree with his political views....

3. B-dos

B-dos Referee

lol. what are you on about?

are you referring to my comment in response to spocks post?

are you deliberately ignoring his ridiculous attack on jimbo and myself in the same post?

4. 2_Smoking_Guns

attack on you..?? are you serious? a school day doesn't go by without you and jimbo hurling personal insults at people who don't succumb to your political views.... f**king hypocrites....

Pantherjim. likes this.
  5. B-dos

B-dos Referee

yes boners

cheers

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Immortal

lol

The old 'one instance excuses many instances' theory strikes again

7. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Coach

I don't think that the staunch righties like bdos and jimbo et all are racist. Not that they would or should give a f**k what I think.

I just think some people are ignorant to the enormous difficulties - the sheer depths of despair - faced by many Aboriginal communities.

The 'ole line "just give up the grog and get a job" as though a guy with no education - no reading or writing skills, and poor English language skills - should just buy a ticket on the first plane to Sydney and apply for a job in finance; it's frankly preposterous and shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the challenges faced by those who have endured a lifetime of disadvantage.

8. B-dos

B-dos Referee

well no one says that tommy.. and no one actually thinks its easy even if people you describe who wanted a job went and looked for one

but on this example the left likes to have it both ways (as usual). the lifetime of disadvantage you speak of is largely driven by the choices some aboriginal people make to live in what are essentially 3rd world shit holes and the left often glorifying this terrible quality of life (ie the noble savage).. those that live in cities or towns are really no worse off than the millions of non-aboriginal people living in a perpetual welfare cycle but at least they are surrounded by other australians who live pretty good lives and work for a living so that a few people in the cycle pull themselves out

9. Mong

Mong Immortal

Awwwww

Stop picking on jimmy and b dos, fellas..

Pantherjim. likes this.
  10. 2_Smoking_Guns

you left out no reason at all to trust the society that not only fails to recognise all those issues you mention above but lies about the history of colonisation...

did you know that Mabo came about because the Bjeke-Peterson government tried to use the declaration by Cook that these lands and territorial islands were terra nullius and tried to remove the indigenous people from the Murray Islands so they could be turned into luxury holiday destinations? not long ago at all were they trying to say that the original people had no rights at all...

Pantherjim. likes this.
  11. 2_Smoking_Guns

you will of course have at least one link to one of those horrid leftists glorifying squalid conditions and referring to the inhabitants as noble savages.....

12. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Did I not start the thread?

I tend to flick through and read threads and like others posts when I do not have time to post myself I.e. When spending quality time with my Daughter during school holidays.

You being a Father should be well aware of the fact that there are more important things in life than this forum.

13. B-dos

B-dos Referee

i missed my daughters first steps because i was debating important stuff on here jim

and her first words were 'imagine my surprise'

14. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

I missed my Daughter's first steps too... The reason for this was work... You know... Something you rightards cherish more than family life?

Lucky my Wife caught it on smart phone video whilst she was picking her up from child care.

Not the same as being there though..

15. B-dos

B-dos Referee

yesterday she came up to me and asked 'daddy why does nobody hate like the left?'

a really special moment....

16. Jimbo

Jimbo Immortal

Sounds like her intellectual development is progressing nicely

If she ever says 'lolz' or similar though, you should obviously seek immediate psychological treatment

B-dos likes this.
  17. TheVelourFog

TheVelourFog Bench

Sounds like she needs to be taken out of that environment for her own good

bazza and Mong like this.
  18. Mong

Mong Immortal

Yep

Poor child already showing signs of severe mental retardation..

19. bazza

bazza Coach

It is due to the choices she has made in her life

20. B-dos

B-dos Referee

weird link to make bazza.. not sure what you are suggesting about aboriginal people in that post but it doesnt sound very nice

bazza likes this.