What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless Articles of Clothing And Accessories

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I saw a guy dressed very strangely the other day and it got me thinking about clothing which serves no purpose and/or is impractical. He was wearing a dress shirt, a necktie, a jacket.......and a pair of tracksuit pants finished off with a pair of sandals. I thought "what are you on about" and got to thinking about neckties and the like.

1. Neckties - what purpose do they serve other than to make one feel uncomfortable when worn properly? Is it some sort of power trip or superiority felt by the wearer?

2. Cufflinks - an absurd accessory. Don't long sleeved shirts have buttons on their sleeves?

3. Leather patches on jackets (usually Tweed jackets) - to me, it indicates that the wearer is a lazy, unproductive merkin who has his elbows on a desk all day.

4. Cumberbunds - are they designed to hide a roll of fat on the wearer?

5. Hats and caps - the only purpose they serve is for safety (motorcycle helmets/hardhats) or sun protection reasons. So why do people wear hats and caps indoors or at night? Probably to advertise some dumb brand at an exorbitant cost to the wearer. Oh....and don't get me started on women's fascinators!

Most of the above only serve to obey some wanky, archaic dress code which is downright f**king pretentious.

Feel free to add yours.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that you've clearly never heard of French cuffs....
Never heard of the f**kers.

After finding out what they are, I wish I never did. Just another piece of wankery from the "look at me" brigade.

Iafeta

Referee
Male G string. WTF. Especially when it’s worn in reverse.

Reverse?

images

Iafeta

Referee
Agree on neckties. All ties, frankly. I've seen it a few times at work where they have a meeting and go oh I propose all blokes where ties. Then it goes to a vote. The broads unanimously throw their hands up , blokes not so much. They're uncomfortable. In summer on days like yesterday as an example frankly they're restrictive to the max. Hate them with a passion.

Life's Good

Coach
Not so much an article of clothing, more an accessory but the Burberry/Coach bumbag slung over the shoulder of a would be, try hard, wanna be, low life gangsta.
This is usually accompanied by a cap with a $ symbol on the awful shaven head of a GStar jumper wearing douchebag.
It’s not uncommon to see groups of these sh*tstains all dressed alike & roaming the streets late at night like the sheep that they are.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don’t wear them very often but I do like a nice set of cuff links.

I prefer French cuffs for weddings and shit where it starts formal, but after about five beers gets quite a bit looser. Pop the cuffs, roll the sleeves up and kick on. That said I only own two pairs of cuff links.

There's plenty to be said for formal wear, especially in the eyes of the fairer sex. Seems to me this veggiepatch fella is a typical whinging old fart who yearns for the seventies...

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
There's plenty to be said for formal wear, especially in the eyes of the fairer sex. Seems to me this veggiepatch fella is a typical whinging old fart who yearns for the seventies...
Yeah sure.

Considering the items I mentioned in my original post have been around for hundreds of years.

Maybe someone is yearning for the 1770s?

Iafeta

Referee
I prefer French cuffs for weddings and shit where it starts formal, but after about five beers gets quite a bit looser. Pop the cuffs, roll the sleeves up and kick on. That said I only own two pairs of cuff links.

Maaaate. It's like driving a fourth hand BMW. You shouldn't need it unless you're compensating for a certain shortfall in your God given genetics.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maaaate. It's like driving a fourth hand BMW. You shouldn't need it unless you're compensating for a certain shortfall in your God given genetics.

I don't believe in god mate.

Maybe that explains some things....

Latest posts