What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale Prof. Sid Watkins 1928-2012

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Not that many will see this, but Wednesday marked the passing of a great man within the F1 circle.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...ief-dies-aged-84/story-e6frf3zl-1226473151648

Responsible for many of the medical improvements within the sport, he leaves behind an immense legacy.

I still remember his quote about being at Senna's side as he passed away at San Marino -

"He looked serene. I raised his eyelids and it was clear from his pupils that he had a massive brain injury. We lifted him from the cockpit and laid him on the ground. As we did, he sighed and, although I am not religious, I felt his spirit depart at that moment"

Vale Prof....

Parra

Referee
He is responsible for saving many lives. For a good insight into F1 and the work he pioneered read his book "Life at the Limit".

Latest posts