What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes depository thread.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Since when does any (in)decent NRL club worry about complying with that salary cap thing.
Hmmmm....don't think it's any co-incidence that our first premiership in 50 years coincided with our new development Quigs.....If only we'd built the faarrkkers in the 70's or 80's

sandshark

Bench
I don't understand why Holmes needs to be pushed back to Wing?
Are we not second on the later? Do people think that having someone else there will put us at the top?
Yeah, yeah Bird sparked the side last weekend from there but he still ain't a fullback's ass.

I have said previously in other threads about the idea of bringing Barba back as a fullback mentor for Holmes but after thinking about it again, is he someone we really need coming back to the club?
He has multiple off-field problems (fighting team mates, beating his wife, dodgy cronulla drinking buddies, drug problems etc..). I don't even think he would make it to the end of a second player contract with us.
The club tried to help him but he and manager went elsewhere.

If Flanno is looking for Fullback depth, look elsewhere.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Think the main problem (other than the poor handling and discipline) is the fact that Benny is a very unique player when he's "on". Anyone expecting Val to replicate Benny's game were always going to be disappointed. Bit like expecting Brailey to be another Ennis at 20 or 21. (as much as I admire what he's done so far this season).

Except vals not going to be overjoyed at the pay cut and the nrl will place a nominal value on barbas contract making it impossible for us to comply with the salary cap in any event.

What are you doing in this forum?

You're making far too much common sense!

Lol.

MilkShark

First Grade
Lol we are not coming 2nd because Holmes has been killing it at fullback. I think we are about to drop down the ladder soon, we have gotten away with a few wins but don't see that luck continuing.

In all honesty I thought it was going to be a bridge too far too soon to make the top 4 this year.

I expected big challenges from Canberra and the Riff. But they have crumbled under the expectations.

Cowboys another under achieving team because of injuries.

But now I think we'll shyte it in the top 4.

From there who knows with a fully fit side.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Found it interesting that Flanno was pissing in Bird's pocket in the presser....best player on the field by a long way?......while he did some good things he also made 4 errors (most in the game) .Yeah he scooped the ball off the ground for the final try and made some good tackles but also missed a few and had no line breaks and three tackle busts. Meanwhile that kaarrnnt called Val made no errors, 7 tackle busts....had a line break and try assist. Wasn't near best on the ground but made a solid contribution.

Found it interesting that Flanno was pissing in Bird's pocket in the presser....best player on the field by a long way?......while he did some good things he also made 4 errors (most in the game) .Yeah he scooped the ball off the ground for the final try and made some good tackles but also missed a few and had no line breaks and three tackle busts. Meanwhile that kaarrnnt called Val made no errors, 7 tackle busts....had a line break and try assist. Wasn't near best on the ground but made a solid contribution.

Smart coach.

Knows who's ego he needs to feed to get the best out of them.

Flanno likes footballers. Guys who are not flashy, maybe even unorthodox, but know how to take a game by the scruff of the neck & create a win. Bird, Barba, Lewie, Gal, Heighno,Jimmy, Graham, Fafita. EOL (End of list)

Foz

Bench
Gee Tommy Turbos figures look good on that stat list.
Is there an error/miss tackle list?
Want to hear both sides of the story so to speak.

I thought Flannos comments regarding Bird after the game were simply to dispel any lingering doubts that the two have an issue between them, as the media had reported.
I sense he is starting to get the team to focus for the oncoming tough period of SOO. Not to mention the games against last years finalists, Cowboys, Dogs and Storm.

Edit: oops sorry I didn't mean to derail the thread.
As you were.