What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

ghoti

Bench
He'll be gone I reckon, he sounds bitter in those quotes (the promises/guarantees mean nothing thing).

It's cool though, he's a flyer and a great player but I really don't think you can build a team around him...get Benny back and develop the next Holmes, all these things come in waves. We're a much better team without Jack Bird for example and there were two seasons of disruption over his contract and his attitude...it's just not worth it.

sandshark

Bench
The obvious message behind all of these news articles is that its Holmes at Fullback or its no Holmes at all.

Plays all of his rep footy on the wing but still doesn't get the message. I think he'll leave at the end of 2019.

Worst case scenario is if he negotiates an early release to the cows and we start 2019 with three new players in the backline.

Stake Removed

First Grade
If he goes to Cowboys he better pray Taulmalooooooo never gets injured he is the only go forward in that team.

No Thurston
I think Morgan had a one of those years last year this year flat as
Granville has played his best football on slide

I think they would be rebuilding for next 3 years.

We have fullback options for next year Dugan, Kennedy maybe returning Barba
Wingers Katoa, Lee

Whenever Flanno loses a player we seem to end up on par.
Maloney - Moylan
Bird - Dugan
Lichaa - Ennis and we won that great

We could lose Holmes might end up with Isaako wouldnt be bad exchange

Eion

First Grade
What the f**k does the last paragraph mean?
It seems to contradict the flavour of the ‘I’m gunna go if I don’t play fullback’ flavour of the article as he’s saying that turbo contributed like a fullback during the game...and he did.

carcharias

Immortal
It seems to contradict the flavour of the ‘I’m gunna go if I don’t play fullback’ flavour of the article as he’s saying that turbo contributed like a fullback during the game...and he did.

Hope he stays and develops into our full time superstar fullback in the next season or two. We are a better team with him.

This is Holmes comment about a Manly / NSW player.
WTF!

Special K

Coach
The best back we have developed in the past 25 years. Go f**k yourself if you disagree. It isn't even close...

I don’t think they can be compared.

We are all thinking about peach and Rogers across their full sharks careers not at 22 necessarily. Holmes could have 10 more years to go.

I don’t think they can be compared.

We are all thinking about peach and Rogers across their full sharks careers not at 22 necessarily. Holmes could have 10 more years to go.
"We are all" really?
I didn't see an age, or timeframe, in K's statement. Just that he was the best back we've developed in 25 years.
Those two I mentioned are two backs in that time who were developed by us.
And it's just my opinion, maybe I like to f**k myself and will take any excuse to do it.

The only down side to getting Ben, which we won't, is the same manager as Holmes. Although we never really had the soap opera with Ben, like we do holmes every 2 minutes? Chad same manager too.
IMO , we are being played, to deliver Benny to either Cowboys or Titans(the managers home town)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
North Queensland needs a fullback, they let their best one go to Newcastle, they will have to settle as Coote did not work out for them.

Sold.

Latest posts