What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Value moving forward

Old Timer

Coach
Id like to see Dugan, Milne, Mann, and Packer definetly re-sign.
Havilli, Hutch, and Mose on lower end deals should be re-signed also (for depth).
Havilli has shown if he gets a chance in the starting 17 he will make the spot his.
I have no doubt when Mose gets match fit he too will hold his spot in first grade.
Hutch? We dont really know... he may play to his potential partnering Hunt?
Either way, they should be kept as i wouldnt imagine they will demand the big dollars.
Milne, Mann and Packer need to be priority signings imo.
Dugan, as long as the price is right, should be signed also.
The rest on that list, well, let illawarra take there pick of who they would like i guess.
Even Widdop... if he can be kept at his current value ( or $500k max) he could work out well with Hunt in the halves.
If not, oh well, no lost sleep there.
Mann or Hutch could partner Hunt in the halves.
Masoe should get the yellow jersey only because he is a lemon.
We may very well pick him but he will do even less than Tony Williams.
No doubt he will do 1 thing that will get all the lunatics in here excited and they will quote that 1 thing for the next 2 years.
Ill fated signing right from the word go up there with Lafai.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd2-IllawarraMagpies.pdf

These are interesting stats from the Illawarra V Magpies game last Sunday (I wish the NRL squad would have the same)

Patrick Herbert looks the goods on those stats, Dufty Ok, huge metres by Sele and a couple of others. Mose played 23 mins 7 runs for 98m.
So picking value for 2018-19 using stats like this should make things a lot easier (they also did one for round 1's game as well) and it will be interesting to see them as the weeks progress.

Father Ted

First Grade
Off Contract Players

Keep for first Grade
Josh Dugan 800k
Taane Milne 400k
Kurt Mann 400k
Russell Packer 300k
Mose Masoe 300k
Siliva Havili 200K
Total 2.4m

Josh Dugan 800k
Taane Milne 300k
Kurt Mann 300k
Russell Packer 450k
Gareth Widdop 450k

Total 2.3m

Gippsy

Bench
I'd still like to see how Widdop would go outside a good halfback, and moreso with a decent coach.

possm

Coach
I'd still like to see how Widdop would go outside a good halfback, and moreso with a decent coach.
I believe enough seasons have been wasted with crappy coaches and crappy fringe players. Time to focus on our top 17 ensuring they are really first grade player who can excel. Then will the next 17 with experience players, players with potential and our juniors coming through.

Mathews would keep players like host and Leilua in reserve grade instead of building up first grade experience.

Widdop is too expensive to take a chance with. Field, Mann, Dufty are cheap enough to take a risk. I'm sure one of these three would make a great partner for Hunt next season.

denis preston

First Grade
Many from what I've heard on TV or read in the media and many best guess. I'd be happy for any of these figures to be corrected by members who have info like you do.

I think everyone has been invited to suggest values. I'd love to see your list.

Sorry mate , your salary guesses are way off. I know a Young NRL forward with over 20 NRL games going to another club for 180k a year so you guesstamates on levi , Hind , lewis, McCarthy , Nona etc who havent played one NRL game doesn't ring true.60 to 70% of the cap goes to about 30 to 40% of the players.

Makes you appreciate Millwards role doesn't it !

Drakon

Juniors
Sorry mate , your salary guesses are way off. I know a Young NRL forward with over 20 NRL games going to another club for 180k a year so you guesstamates on levi , Hind , lewis, McCarthy , Nona etc who havent played one NRL game doesn't ring true.60 to 70% of the cap goes to about 30 to 40% of the players.

Makes you appreciate Millwards role doesn't it !
Small point - McCarthy has played 3 NRL games for the Dragons

possm

Coach
I think I would have rather had Peter Mullholland stay than his salary and probably more go to Millward. The Raiders roster has really improved since he arrived.