What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VB Cup Grand Final

TheFrog

Coach
The match between the NSW Cup winner and the Queensland Cup winner (or whatever they call it now) is a curtain raiser to the NRL Grand Final.

kiwipete

Juniors
The match between the NSW Cup winner and the Queensland Cup winner (or whatever they call it now) is a curtain raiser to the NRL Grand Final.

The idea sounds great but I think it's just another kick in the guts to our NSW Cup teams who deserve to be playing their GF at ANZ in front of a decent crowd but instead it will the usual family and friends watching,embarrassing for them I reckon. It would be even better for them to play this GF as a curtain raiser to the Saturday night prelim final between Penrith and Canterbury, especially as luck would have it, that Penrith has a team in each grade so the crowd would get there early to watch the cup boys go round. The NRL need to drop the Holden Cup Comp, replace it with an under 23's comp so that those players who haven't quite made it enough to go into grade, have another couple of years to develop, as most forwards require, and promote NSW Cup back to where it belongs as our fair dinkum Reserve Grade, so we can watch first graders returning from injury mixed with the best of our youth striving for a FG spot play before their NRL teams.

I agree with you there. This NSW Cup Final should have at least been a curtain raiser to one of the Prelim Finals this weekend. It would have more exposure there, and would at least have been given a mention in the First Grade telecast.

Although I don't mind the idea of the NSW/Qld Cup next weekend. It is a good trial. I hope it works out in some capacity in the future.

As for the game being at the SFS tomorrow. I know there will be three games there (Sydney Shield at 10.30am / Ron Massey Cup at 12.40pm / NSW Cup at 3.10pm) but I cannot see a crowd there at all. Apart from family and friends, I don't see many neutrals attending. Should have been at a suburban ground like Leichhardt Oval where they had some semi-finals played there, or at Kogarah Oval where they play the odd lower grade game there.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
This will rate a lot better though

Plenty of people looking to watch some thing today

Shame we can't work out a way to get a crowd for this

Like Queensland cup gf. Sanfl etc

Maybe Parramatta stadium would be a better solution

Latest posts