What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle valuation

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm looking into selling my motorcycle because I want to upgrade. Just wondering what's the best way to get an honest valuation on my current one?
I've looked at the same make/model/year on bikesales and found a similar bike but it has about 60,000 more kms on it.
Main reason I'm a bit cautious is because I had my bike repaired a few years ago and the guy there said because my bike is pretty rare and has low kms it might be worth a bit to the right person.
FYI I've got a 1988 Honda CBR400RR

Bulldog Force

Referee
If you take it to a private merchant, he can give you close to a decent evaluation. Then up that price by about 10% and sell it through the paper or trading post.

soc123_au

Staff member
Once you get into the rare territory it comes down to what someone is willing to pay. Your best bet is to offer it up on enthusiast forums.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah I don't know if redbook is accurate on this. Others I've seen on bikesales are up for $4-5,000 about double what Redbook is saying.