What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vince Sorrenti in NRL 360

Delboy

First Grade
veey interesting interview with Vince Sorrenti on NRL 360, he is a passionate eels fan as anyone who has seen him perform will know as he always tells stories about his passion for the club

Favourite player is John Peard and also Jarryd Hayne, said he thought a return to the Eels would be the best thing for our JH

Finished by saying that the NRL doesn't see the passion found in the corporate world for rugby league, they don't do enough inclusive stuff for the corporates. Said that the missed opportunities are enormous, and when he does gigs for the AFL in Sydney,there are a lot of league corporates attending asking him why there are not many league functions. Said that they just don't understand why and th depth of support in the corporate world and seem afraid to run functions and work hard in that area.

He did laugh at Bellamy sounding off, said the last time the 2 clubs met in the finals as the 2009 GF, when the Storm were $6 million over the cap - said how hypocritical ( even Kent and Ikin had a laugh)

My employers exec always attended the limited GF functions held in the CBD, seemed to be no more than 2 per year at most

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's spot on about the NRL being poorly run compared to the AFL

hope they take notice

Bazal

Post Whore
Favourite player is John Peard and also Jarryd Hayne, said he thought a return to the Eels would be the best thing for our JH

joker.jpg

Delboy

First Grade
The most salient point Vince was making was that the NRL doesn't embrace the big end of town, that is a major failing and should be addressed. He repeated it and said that they fail to understand the real interest from senior figures in major corporates and that they shouldn't be afraid to run functions, need the right people to headline the event and they will come. Was very critical in a constructive way

One thing the NRL has always been up against is the domination of corporate boards by the leather elbow patch set, most of whom went to rugby-playing GPS schools. A significant proportion of these blokes would rather support AFL than league. Having said that, it is getting better.......slowly.

phantom eel

First Grade
they shouldn't be afraid to run functions, need the right people to headline the event and they will come
Maybe we could get "Macklemore" to do a corporate gig while he's out here as grand final entertainment!

I mean ffs... Macklemore. Wtf is that? AFL are rumoured to have The Killers as their grand final entertainment. Let's compare what's more likely to get a crowd (or corporates) going...:

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmm yes, I wonder who's more likely to get a crowd going, someone with a current number 3 single or someone who hasn't charted in Australia since 2012. And then at a high of 67th....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can't tell the difference. Both acts were cooler a few years ago. I enjoyed them both. Whom are you saying is better?

phantom eel

First Grade
Hmm yes, I wonder who's more likely to get a crowd going, someone with a current number 3 single or someone who hasn't charted in Australia since 2012. And then at a high of 67th....
But millennials aren't going to/into league... and what's currently in the charts won't get a bunch of corporate top end of towners (as Delboy is saying we should target) going either.
I can't tell the difference. Both acts were cooler a few years ago. I enjoyed them both. Whom are you saying is better?
Lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
But millennials aren't going to/into league... .

Lol. Based on your extensive research? Better tell all my "millenial" mates that they aren't into league. It'll come as a shock to some....probably save them a lot of money but.

Anyway bogans are. And bogan white kids love Macklemore. That's why he's number 3 on the charts despite being hot garbage.

I've never heard of Macklemore and I quite like The Killers... but Alan Jones has been very critical of giving Macklemore the gig so it looks like we're onto a winner.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol. You should have pled the fifth instead...

Yes, because someone born within that generation doesn't have any mates from within that generation. I have, in fact, never associated with anyone from my own generation. You got me!

You should go chat with the blokes who want You Am I at the grand final in the NRL forum. Being completely out of touch they'll be right up your street

Latest posts