What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vince Sorrenti in NRL 360

Yes, because someone born within that generation doesn't have any mates from within that generation. I have, in fact, never associated with anyone from my own generation. You got me!

You should go chat with the blokes who want You Am I at the grand final in the NRL forum. Being completely out of touch they'll be right up your street

Oy! I used to play guitar with Tim. Don't like his band much though.

phantom eel

First Grade
Tim Rogers played an AFL grand final a few years ago... didn't seem to have any negative effect on their crowd numbers.

We'll be lucky to sell out our Grand Final if it's Storm v another non-Sydney side!

phantom eel

First Grade
Yes, because someone born within that generation doesn't have any mates from within that generation. I have, in fact, never associated with anyone from my own generation. You got me!
I got you at the bit where you claimed to have "mates" Baz, let alone "millennial" mates.

#tooeasy

Bazal

Post Whore
I got you at the bit where you claimed to have "mates" Baz, let alone "millenial" mates.

#tooeasy

Ah yes. The classic "I was just trolling!"

In the words of an oxygen thief you might know, thanks for playing...

phantom eel

First Grade
??? It's only a classic because you walked right into it, while attempting to troll yourself.
#schollboyerror
#tfc

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
But millennials aren't going to/into league.

Well then it was a good idea from the NRL to get someone that is known by millenials so they can get eyeballs on the code then isn't it?

I'm not the biggest fan of Macklemore but his presence should make the NRL GF feel "big time" and if they put in a lot of production value then they can make the HT show a selling point in future years. Meanwhile over at the afl the hipsters can gush about how the Killers should have played Smile Like You Mean It rather than The Man (had to look that one up because since they released Hot Fuss the Killers have written nothing but hot garbage)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Is someone really going to start following a code because a band that they like played two songs before a GF?

We aren't the superbowl. We never will be.

Just put a mascot race on and use the millions of $$ that Macklemore would have been paid on grass roots rugby league.

...and the Killers, please. Anyone arguing that they are a good selection is a flaming mincer who still thinks its the early 2000s. They'll probably be asked to play Mr Brightside 3 times in a row.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well then it was a good idea from the NRL to get someone that is known by millenials so they can get eyeballs on the code then isn't it?

I'm not the biggest fan of Macklemore but his presence should make the NRL GF feel "big time" and if they put in a lot of production value then they can make the HT show a selling point in future years. Meanwhile over at the afl the hipsters can gush about how the Killers should have played Smile Like You Mean It rather than The Man (had to look that one up because since they released Hot Fuss the Killers have written nothing but hot garbage)
9/10.

Would have given you 10 if you finished the last sentence with "Hot Mush".

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Is someone really going to start following a code because a band that they like played two songs before a GF?

We aren't the superbowl. We never will be.

Just put a mascot race on and use the millions of $$ that Macklemore would have been paid on grass roots rugby league.

...and the Killers, please. Anyone arguing that they are a good selection is a flaming mincer who still thinks its the early 2000s. They'll probably be asked to play Mr Brightside 3 times in a row.

I get millions is hyperbolic but a one-off performance from Macklemore probably would be 350k-700k, which may be less as he isn't playing a full concert plus put in 50-100k for production, like making sure the "POWAH" (as Billy Idol would say) is working. We may not be a global code, we may never be a global code but the GF should feel important and having one of the highest selling current artists will boost it to that level.

Once you've heard Mr. Brightside sung with "coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine" you'll never want to hear the original.

Stevie

Bench
Maybe we could get "Macklemore" to do a corporate gig while he's out here as grand final entertainment!

I mean ffs... Macklemore. Wtf is that? AFL are rumoured to have The Killers as their grand final entertainment. Let's compare what's more likely to get a crowd (or corporates) going...:

Oh my god man are you serious? The Killer were great, I agree, back in 2003 FFS. I actually laughed out loud when I heard they were playing at the AFL GF. I mean, they should have gotten Meatloaf again! What do you expect the crowd to be doing when The Killers play? Children and people SITTING in their seats swaying whilst mouthing the words "jealousy, turning sex intooo deceit"... I mean come on! Its not exactly uplifting.

Macklemore is CURRENT, he is relevant, he has topped Triple J's Hottest 100 RECENTLY and had an US Charts # 1 RECENTLY. Women and kids ALSO love his music (I know this as my niece and nephew 10 and 12 are beside themselves he will be playing) and his music genre is much more appropriate. It gets people upbeat.

Dude, The Killers were great, but the NRL made the best choice for Grand Final entertainment they have since Tina Turner.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Oh my god man are you serious? The Killer were great, I agree, back in 2003 FFS. I actually laughed out loud when I heard they were playing at the AFL GF. I mean, they should have gotten Meatloaf again! What do you expect the crowd to be doing when The Killers play? Children and people SITTING in their seats swaying whilst mouthing the words "jealousy, turning sex intooo deceit"... I mean come on! Its not exactly uplifting.

Macklemore is CURRENT, he is relevant, he has topped Triple J's Hottest 100 RECENTLY and had an US Charts # 1 RECENTLY. Women and kids ALSO love his music (I know this as my niece and nephew 10 and 12 are beside themselves he will be playing) and his music genre is much more appropriate. It gets people upbeat.

Dude, The Killers were great, but the NRL made the best choice for Grand Final entertainment they have since Tina Turner.

I believe the correct lyric is "jealousy, turning saints into the sea"

Stevie

Bench
I believe the correct lyric is "jealousy, turning saints into the sea"
hahahahahaha. That's my f**king point, so apparently I have been mumbling the wrong lyrics the whole time!!!

P.S There is a really good stand up act on youtube that runs through all the common misconceptions with song lyrics. Cant be bothered to find it but its really funny.

lingard

Coach
The most salient point Vince was making was that the NRL doesn't embrace the big end of town, that is a major failing and should be addressed. He repeated it and said that they fail to understand the real interest from senior figures in major corporates and that they shouldn't be afraid to run functions, need the right people to headline the event and they will come. Was very critical in a constructive way

I think the most salient point he made was that the Storm are a massive bunch of f*cking cheats - and we should go out and destroy them on Saturday arvo.