What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vince Sorrenti in NRL 360

Snoochies

First Grade
Just checked Spotify as I've not heard his songs before. Anyway, he has nearly 17 million listeners on Spotify whilst my favourite has close to one hundred thousand listeners. I think there is just 17 million people who don't know great music but I guess those people will definitely want to see McDonald on TV so it's win for Rugby League I guess.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just checked Spotify as I've not heard his songs before. Anyway, he has nearly 17 million listeners on Spotify whilst my favourite has close to one hundred thousand listeners. I think there is just 17 million people who don't know great music but I guess those people will definitely want to see McDonald on TV so it's win for Rugby League I guess.
IMG_1010.PNG

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm not really a big Macklemore fan, but my girlfriend dragged me along to his concert last year and I actually found it enjoyable.
Some of his songs are pretty catchy and uplifting.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me too much who they get. I'll be spending that time taking a piss and getting more beer, I reckon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think both the NRL and AFL are on a hiding to nothing, no one will ever pick an act that will satisfy everyone.

I think its just a matter of pissing off the least amount of people and never picking Meatloaf again.

Getting back to Vince, he's been great always a fan of good comedy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nah get f**ked merkins if it's not Chisel the Angels or Rose Tattoo the NRL can get f**ked.

Snoochies

First Grade
How come they've never had ACDC? Last time I ventured back to Western Sydney one of the first things I saw was a bloke with ACDC shaved into his head. They seem appropriate.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
How come they've never had ACDC? Last time I ventured back to Western Sydney one of the first things I saw was a bloke with ACDC shaved into his head. They seem appropriate.

Because people don't want to hear the same song played 3 times over 10 minutes

Haynzy

First Grade
I was quietly hoping that as Midnight Oil are touring it might've been them but I'll be seeing them in Alice Springs on Oct 2nd so it was an outside chance.

I don't mind Macklemore, he's got some clever songs and has a much more positive message than most rappers/hip hop artists.

I find the Killers a bit meh so as far as I'm concerned the AFL can have them.

Kornstar

Coach
Is someone really going to start following a code because a band that they like played two songs before a GF?

We aren't the superbowl. We never will be.

Just put a mascot race on and use the millions of $$ that Macklemore would have been paid on grass roots rugby league.

...and the Killers, please. Anyone arguing that they are a good selection is a flaming mincer who still thinks its the early 2000s. They'll probably be asked to play Mr Brightside 3 times in a row.

I've never understood the hate for older music? Oh my god that band was really cool in 2000 but now it's 2017 we are not allowed to like them cause all of a sudden songs that were good in 2000 are no longer good now?

Oh but the 70's music was better cause it is really old........

People are weird. Music transcends time and if it was good (to you) then it will always be good. People act like it is uncool to enjoy something you enjoyed at an earlier time in life.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've never understood the hate for older music? Oh my god that band was really cool in 2000 but now it's 2017 we are not allowed to like them cause all of a sudden songs that were good in 2000 are no longer good now?

Oh but the 70's music was better cause it is really old........

People are weird. Music transcends time and if it was good (to you) then it will always be good. People act like it is uncool to enjoy something you enjoyed at an earlier time in life.
I thought they were shit in 2004 and think that they are shit now.

All I am saying is that they were at least popular back then!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tim Rogers played an AFL grand final a few years ago... didn't seem to have any negative effect on their crowd numbers.

I think most people couldn't care less who was the pre game entertainment, if it was someone they liked or followed then bonus.

If Parra made the GF, and Delta Goodrem was doing a topless duet with Tina Arena , id still go regardless...

Kornstar

Coach
I thought they were shit in 2004 and think that they are shit now.

All I am saying is that they were at least popular back then!

I'd suggest they're still popular, they just had a break didn't they? I like maybe 2 of their songs but i am no fan.

I had never even heard of Macklemore until all this shit started when it was announced he (I'm assuming a he?) would perform at the GF.

Stevie

Bench
I think most people couldn't care less who was the pre game entertainment, if it was someone they liked or followed then bonus.

If Parra made the GF, and Delta Goodrem was doing a topless duet with Tina Arena , id still go regardless...

Tell that to the people at the Superbowl.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'd suggest they're still popular, they just had a break didn't they? I like maybe 2 of their songs but i am no fan.

I had never even heard of Macklemore until all this shit started when it was announced he (I'm assuming a he?) would perform at the GF.
Fair enough. I'll be taking a piss when he is performing and I'd be doing the same if I was watching the AFL grand final.

Stevie

Bench
Macklemore had the song "Thrift Shop" as a US #1 song. To put that in perspective I just went to youtube and its currently sitting on 1.1BILLION views.

Its a big deal.

Latest posts