What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinegar on Hot Chips

horrie hastings

First Grade
Sometimes if I ever have those horrible frozen chips my better half buys from the supermarket, its the only thing that gives them any taste but I tend to steer clear of those most of the time.

Bazal

Post Whore
Kingsleys in Canberra have vinegar alongside the serviette dispensers and shit

Life's Good

Coach
Does anyone still add vinegar on their hot chips....
It was a staple of our after school sports menu!! Buck 50 fifty for a mountain of chips sprayed with vinegar(mid 80's mind you). Being lucky enough to travel introduced me to chips & mayo which is one of the great combos. Getting hungry now.

Pommy

Coach
Yes it's wrong not to.

I see old Souths shirts with smiths crips advertised. Why did people decide to stop calling them crisps and this need to name chips hot chips?

Does anyone still add vinegar on their hot chips....

The "option" of vinegar on fish and chips is an unreserved requirement.

If a Fish n Chippery doesn't have a spray bottle to give a full, even, atomised spray of vinegar to the FISH (very important) AND chips, emphatically roll your eyes and release the hottest, filthiest fart possible in what is usually a sweaty and uncomfortable environment.

I can't stress this enough people. Don't be afraid to shit yourself.

I've f**ken had just about enough of asking for vinegar on my fish and chips, only to be given the high hat, like I'M the weirdo. :triumph:

Life's Good

Coach
The "option" of vinegar on fish and chips is an unreserved requirement.

If a Fish n Chippery doesn't have a spray bottle to give a full, even, atomised spray of vinegar to the FISH (very important) AND chips, emphatically roll your eyes and release the hottest, filthiest fart possible in what is usually a sweaty and uncomfortable environment.

I can't stress this enough people. Don't be afraid to shit yourself.

I've f**ken had just about enough of asking for vinegar on my fish and chips, only to be given the high hat, like I'M the weirdo. :triumph:
You keep the good times a rollin

AJB1102

First Grade
My local chippy growing up was owned by an awesome Vietnamese family and vinegar on the chips was the go to before this chicken salt shit. Old bloke made the best pizza too.

About high school for me and they sold up and the new owners ditched the vinegar. They were Italian and made horrible pizza.

Needless to say I found a new chippy.

Hot chips, battered fish, potato scallops and a couple dimmies for lunch tomorrow I reckon. Chips and fish with vinegar, obviously.

justdave

Juniors
Sometimes. With lots of salt.

But usually have BBQ on chips. It has to be Eta Original BBQ sauce, none of those other shit brands

Dogs Of War

Coach
Vinegar is great on chips. But it has to be that Malt stuff. If you go to Burger Bro, I usually smash there chips with Vinegar. But you need to put more salt on afterwards.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Why people put tomato or BBQ sauce on every piece of food is beyond me.

Same as mint sauce on lamb and other sauces on beef, etc. Why? Is the cut of meat that tasteless that it needs a bit of spicing up? Try another butcher FFS!

It must be so satisfying dunking a load of diluted acetic acid onto a pile of nicely deep fried pieces of potato....NOT!

I've even witnessed a goose smother dry corn flakes with tomato sauce! That is the ultimate in bad food combinations.

Generalzod

Immortal
Why people put tomato or BBQ sauce on every piece of food is beyond me.

Same as mint sauce on lamb and other sauces on beef, etc. Why? Is the cut of meat that tasteless that it needs a bit of spicing up? Try another butcher FFS!

It must be so satisfying dunking a load of diluted acetic acid onto a pile of nicely deep fried pieces of potato....NOT!

I've even witnessed a goose smother dry corn flakes with tomato sauce! That is the ultimate in bad food combinations.
The only thing I add on lamb tzatziki