What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virat Kholi

Bazal

Post Whore
Australia pushes the envelope. We have for a while now and that likely brings out the worst in the other teams. They've got to step up to match it. The thing that actually annoys me the most is when you hear Aussies having a sook because another play dare get aggressive. I don't hate Kohli because he's aggressive, that's what I like to see in a cricketer. I hate him because when others give him stick he has a sook. Or grabs a stump and carries on like he carried them to a world cup win despite contributing f**k all with the bat and nothing with the ball. Or accuses Australia of cheating when he's shined balls with mints.

On Smith, he did wrong. He needs to fess up, apologise and move on. Leave Kohli stewing in his own juices, it will be his undoing.

No one has said otherwise. As I said, I love playing India, England and South Africa. NZ are a decent side but f**king boring because of their faux nice guy act, Pakistan are mentally fragile and no real challenge, same with Sri Lanka. Everyone else sucks at cricket.

Calling the opposition cheats in the press conference is not being aggressive, it's being a complete tosser.

JJ

Immortal
Now you're quite simply making shit up....hilarious.

Kohli, and previously blokes like Harbhajan and Ganguly, have been far and away worse than any Aussie. It's really not even a contest....
wow - "alternate facts", nice work

JJ

Immortal
Would you care to prove that I would be backing Kohli if he were Australian?

Alternative facts indeed....haha

Would you care to provide evidence that these Indians that so annoy you are objectively worse than any number of Australians?

Bazal

Post Whore
Would you care to provide evidence that these Indians that so annoy you are objectively worse than any number of Australians?

So you are making shit up.

Last Aussie to call out an opposing captain for systematic cheating with zero evidence in a public press conference was.....?

No one has said otherwise. As I said, I love playing India, England and South Africa. NZ are a decent side but f**king boring because of their faux nice guy act, Pakistan are mentally fragile and no real challenge, same with Sri Lanka. Everyone else sucks at cricket.

Calling the opposition cheats in the press conference is not being aggressive, it's being a complete tosser.

It's being a hypocrite, referring back to the mints and ball shining in England. It'd be like Shahid Afridi criticising Faf du Plessis for ball tampering. That's why I have the shits with Kohli's presser. I wouldn't care at all if he were clean himself.

I'm not getting up anyone here in particular regarding the comments about Aussies sooking about Kohli being aggressive. That's more a shot at wankers on Facebook who get upset when he gets aggressive in the field. Our blokes are like that 24/7. Kohli being aggressive is of no concern to me, he's a great competitor for India but he has a short memory.

JJ

Immortal
So you are making shit up.

Last Aussie to call out an opposing captain for systematic cheating with zero evidence in a public press conference was.....?
I thought it was his on-field behaviour? He said he talked to the umpires beforehand, and the umpires reaction seemed to indicate they were aware - that's joining the dots for sure, but there looked to be something going on

So, the zero evidence isn't really clear - but Ponting certainly had a blow up about reserve fielders, McGrath exploded badly at Sarwan, Warne, Slater, Haddin, Healy, Starc, Waugh, and many many others have all behaved as badly or worse than Kohli - and usually when the opposition has stood up to their bullshit

Like I said, I don't enjoy what Kohli's up to, it is kind of amusing that it annoys you so, just as you're amused when Australians' behaviour annoys everyone else so

The cricket is great though, compelling, and to a large extent because they are not playing on roads - hell, why should batting be so f**king easy

Think this thread has outlived it's usefulness

Bazal

Post Whore
Gee, wasn't McGrath a dick exploding at Sarwan....all poor Ramnaresh did was sledge his terminally ill wife.

A list of names is not an answer to the question. When was the last Australian who publicly called an opponent a cheat without evidence. Or even with evidence.

JJ

Immortal
Gee, wasn't McGrath a dick exploding at Sarwan....all poor Ramnaresh did was sledge his terminally ill wife.

A list of names is not an answer to the question. When was the last Australian who publicly called an opponent a cheat without evidence. Or even with evidence.
McGrath sledged him, Sarwan just had a clever retort

Kohli didn't call anyone a cheat - very carefully - what did Ponting say about the run out back in the day?

Bazal

Post Whore
McGrath sledged him, Sarwan just had a clever retort

Kohli didn't call anyone a cheat - very carefully - what did Ponting say about the run out back in the day?

Wait, so when it's an Aussie it's sledging, but then when a West Indian responds with a sledge involving his wife who has cancer it's a clever retort? Haha deadset...

That, right there, is what makes anything you say about Australians impossible to take remotely seriously. Your bias is ludicrous

FTR Ponting (who was a dick, you'll note I've always said this) said something along the lines of using subs in that fashion was against the spirit of the game and not what subs were meant for. IE he was spot on....

JJ

Immortal
Wait, so when it's an Aussie it's sledging, but then when a West Indian responds with a sledge involving his wife who has cancer it's a clever retort? Haha deadset...

That, right there, is what makes anything you say about Australians impossible to take remotely seriously. Your bias is ludicrous

FTR Ponting (who was a dick, you'll note I've always said this) said something along the lines of using subs in that fashion was against the spirit of the game and not what subs were meant for. IE he was spot on....
My understanding was Sarwan was unaware of her illness - he simply responded in what would normally be a clever way to a bogan sledge...

Kohli did exactly the same - he said it was a line that shouldn't be crossed, he did not say "cheat", he said he'd noticed it earlier when batting and mentioned it to the umpires... to a neutral observer, the umpires and Kohli's reaction when Smith attempted to get illegal advice suggests it was on everyone's radar...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He called smith a cheat jidge. That was pretty obvious. Now you well know that if an nrl coach or captain (or afl or whatever sport including cricket) melted down in a press conference like that they would be absolutely bollocked because australians dont like people carrying on after the fact.

Warner was criticised by certain sections of the media for his fear in their eyes jibe

You honestly are a joke mate. You defend racism if it happens to an australian. I cannot remember an Australian captain giving an opposition captain a send off. He also gave smith a send off in australia during a t20 game so it wasnt just the circumstances. He lost the plot in pune and was viciously yelling at the umpires from the moment smith survived that lbw shout.

He loses the plot extremely easily. Australians criticise smith for looking grumpy in the field. If he turned into a screaming doucebag the minute things went against australia it would be an issue. Pontings temper tantrum in england is hardly a proud moment in australian cricket but kohli has already topped that this series

JJ

Immortal
He's a dick, no mistake - but again he did not say "Smith's a cheat" - he alluded to it, and someone else said it - just as Ponting apparently alluded to cheating...

I don't defend racism - but again that instance wasn't proven, like it or not. Just as apparently Smith's dubious behaviour has been swept under the carpet - the ICC, BCCI and CA are all soft merkins who allow this shit to go on

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Every time the symonds incident is mentioned you resort to well australians are the real jerks. Its shameful mate.

Again if an australian captain so easily lost his temper it would be a problem. I simply cannot remember an australian captain acting like this ? Obviously everyone even noble kiwis occasionally loses their temper but he chucks the shits extremely easily.

He should have been fined over the way he spoke to the umpires at pune.

TheParraboy

Staff member
This series could have been so so much worse

I mean, we could still have had Dhoni as Indian captian and India winning the first two tests by an innings after piling on mammoth totals to rival any boring spice less test of recent times

or

We can have what we have now :sunglasses:

Heating up in the kitchen, bring on the 3rd test

Valheru

Coach
On Smith, he did wrong. He needs to fess up, apologise and move on. Leave Kohli stewing in his own juices, it will be his undoing.

What do you mean 'needs to"? That is exactly what he has done, multiple times, but the Indians won't let it go and as usual are continuing to sook.

For some bizzare reason, little man syndrome has hit our Kiwi brethren on here rather fiercely and they can't seem to let go either.

What do you mean 'needs to"? That is exactly what he has done, multiple times, but the Indians won't let it go and as usual are continuing to sook.

For some bizzare reason, little man syndrome has hit our Kiwi brethren on here rather fiercely and they can't seem to let go either.

I know he's actually done so, I've worded that f**king terribly!

I meant to say that he's done the wrong thing, owned up to it and moved it on and they should leave it where it lays rather than going on with it, leave the Indians clinging to it and continue with the outrage.

Latest posts