What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual NRL Comp

lol, no worries mate. To be honest, i was out cooking dinner and popped back in for a moment, refreshed that screen and hey presto, blacklock was there

good times indeed!

Cheers,
Moffo

ali13

Juniors
By the way, I think we need to get the auditors in. Blacklock signing with you guys, is like the Roosters signing Willie Bishop, Mal Kufusi and Chris Walker.

What was he worth out of curiosity?

To be honest, i was out cooking dinner and popped back in for a moment, refreshed that screen and hey presto, blacklock was there

pfft... you've been camped out since last night with a 5 sec auto-refresh waiting for him to show ;)

Does anybody know why Pearson is classed as unavailable on the VNRL list yet on the TigPies site as well as all the team lists I've seen posted for the up-coming weekend he's down as on the bench? Would VNRL be likely to have an inside running or would majority rule?

I'm not sure about Pearson, haven't heard anything other than reading him on the bench.

Blacklock went for 90k. I missed him here because there was a couple of vultures quicker than me. But I got him in the Jubilee forum comp so that made up for it.

What can i say, im a shrewd businessman. Had a chat to Blacklock yesterday and he was happy to sign on for $90k, he said he wanted to play in a winning team. Funny that Chris Walker said the same thing and he is also in my team :pMy team isn't that great though, i put Wesser and Schif at the start of the year because i knew they would be good for points during the year. Neither of my top point scorers are origin players either ;)

Auto re-fresh eels fan? lol, i never thought of that. To be honest, i had 1/2 an eye on the website from about 4pm yesterday, when the teams for the weekend were named. I only had one winger (Tate), as i dropped Hookey the other week when he got injured. I needed him in other words!

Cheers,
Moffo

And so endeth my time near the top. I predict a swift & painful slide into mediocrity is on the near horizon. I thought I had those Gumbies for a fleeting moment but the bloody Donkeys made sure Monaghan pulled them through. Should know better than to trust a Queerslander... ;)

Agreed. Where are the pics coming from mate?

Got done this week. Ali has a good side, bastard ;)

I hope we use a new system if we play this again next year. All props to El for getting this up and running, its been a heap of fun thus far

But does anyone else find it annoying that only several aspects of a players game are rewarded with points? I mean, the only way to score is through tries, goalsor a shitload of tackles/hit ups. How about try assists, offloads, metres made etc etc? There must be some more comprehensive fantasy competitions out there. I dunno, does anyone else agree?

Cheers,
Moffo

Bloody Ashley Graham, ruined my score sheet.
emangry.gif

The boys will be training hard this week to take on the team that handed them their first defeat.The worst part is teams 1 & 2 square off & I dont which is the lesser of two evils. Do I root for the top of the table Cheaterbury to help keep team #2 within striking distance or do I cheer on team #2 to haul back the 'Berries... :(

Carna Gumbies!
emteeth.gif

Sorry Moff but as a Parra supporter I just cant bring myself to root for the 'dogs... unless you were playing the Donkeys maybe... maybe;)

Moffo wont mind. :(

Who'd have thought, the Gumbies in a top of the table clash on the back of 7 wins and a draw in their last 8 match.

I expect that this time next week,The Gumbies will be 4th. The Berries gave us our only real touch up this season and with Blacklock he probably has an 8 or 12 point head start.

Although, Canberra have the bye..... That makes us even Moffo. lol

Cheaterbury?? Offended! Im still under the cap by $125k thank you very much Mr ATO:)

Raiders have the bye? Bugger! Me gots no kicker
emcry.gif
Your a definite chance ea ;)

Cheers,
Moffo

I bet I can make a few of you vomit. :(

Take a squiz at where they now get their forward try stats from.

Actually, if you want to keep your lunch down, don't. lol

I won't put the link, but on their front page it says...

Click here for Round 15 Forward Try details.

Yeah I've noticed where it was as well. The worst of it all is there have been mistakes made by them already & because of where it is the idea that someone may have needed 2 points to winhasgot some whispering going as to how genuine the count is. I know2 weeks ago,for the sake of it, I counted my own in 2 games & found discrepancies that would have effected the outcome of some peoples votes but I guess if the people who runVNRL are happy... Personally I liked going from the NRL stats because although they are slow to get them up when mistakes happen at there can be no backlash. And if that ment the scores wouldnt show until monday lunchtime or so then who cares. I mean if thats how it is from the begining then so be it.

Moff...
Ok the Cheaterbury thing was a little harsh maybe, but just remember "little sister dont you do what your big sister does..." ;)

ali13

Juniors
Just a quick thank you to whoever cut Clinton Toopi. He's the strike weapen out wide we've been looking to get our hands on all year. I've also taken a gamble and signed big Laui'titi. If he's back by round 23 then I can see a charge for the Grand final. If not, who cares as it was wasted space in my cap.
So that will just about do me for recruitment, unless of course the great man himself Russell Aitken, happens to be picked in first grade by Chris Anderson, and thus becomes available.