What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote Online For AYRLA Youth Program Grant

Guys we currently have just under 5,000 votes.. if we can get to 8 thousand votes by Friday. I think we will get the grant.

Some Good news besides my vote pushing is that finally after 2 years I have gotten traction with the High School Rugby Union Team here in Rhode Island (which i helped found 13 years ago).

A bunch of the boys on the team are interested in volunteering with our youth programs. They attend an Irish Catholic High School so therefore they need to preform community service hours to Graduate.
So not only is this an opportunity to help expand our staff in our youth programs, but its also a great way to introduce Rugby League to a bunch of kids already playing Union at a decent level.
And hopefully get an u18 9s competition going this summer with these kids.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Guys we currently have just under 5,000 votes.. if we can get to 8 thousand votes by Friday. I think we will get the grant.

Some Good news besides my vote pushing is that finally after 2 years I have gotten traction with the High School Rugby Union Team here in Rhode Island (which i helped found 13 years ago).

A bunch of the boys on the team are interested in volunteering with our youth programs. They attend an Irish Catholic High School so therefore they need to preform community service hours to Graduate.
So not only is this an opportunity to help expand our staff in our youth programs, but its also a great way to introduce Rugby League to a bunch of kids already playing Union at a decent level.
And hopefully get an u18 9s competition going this summer with these kids.

That's fantastic news regarding the High School team, let's hope they realise that RL is a much better game and help spread the gospel!

By any chance Lawrence do you know what is going on with Grand Prix Entertainment?

Poul

Juniors
League13, don't take any offence but this is the better link, it allows you to vote an infinite amount of times as long as it's a different email address.

http://m.fuelinggood.com/Details/Index/1331498

PMI, but how do you vote with "different" email addresses?

I also note that there are potentially up to 12 "winners", 4 per each of the 3 "CITGO regions"; Central, Northeast (to which RI belongs), and Southern.
From my reading of the Fueling Good website, the winners appear to be selected on additional criteria to the number of votes; Votes - 25%, Benefit to people - 25%, Fit to program - 25%, Measurable Impact -25%.
I would have thought the aims of AYRLA should allow it to score well on these criteria.

After a quick glance at votes cast so far, it would appear that there is just one charity in the Northeast in front of AYRLA on votes; Head Start of Fayette County in Pa. with 8601 votes, with the Ct. based Haitian Students/Parents Solidarity with 5424 votes just behind AYRLA (5445). NY's Neversink Valley Museum is at 4127 votes.
So, providing there are not too many other last minute surges, AYRLA might just score one of the 4 winners' spots for the Northeast.
Here's hoping.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
PMI, but how do you vote with "different" email addresses?

All you have to do is close the window after you have voted and click on the link again and type in another email address of yours or get your friends and family to vote, wink, wink.

Poul

Juniors
On the Fueling Good website it states that voting closes at 11:59pm ET 28 November ( which I believe is 3:59pm AEST Thursday 29 November), so we may not have as much time as we thought.

After trawling through the website, the leading vote getters in the Northeast region (at @12:20am AEST) were:

Maria Luisa de Moreno International Foundation 17,939

Head Start of Fayette County 9,021

Haitian Students/Parents Solidarity 6,300

American Youth Rugby League Association 5,829

Neversink Valley Museum of History and Innovation 4,298

Kacey Rose Foundation 4,249

So, we are in 4th place, which I understand would be sufficient to potentially obtain a grant. It would be hard to imagine that we could catch either of the two leaders, or even 3rd. Likewise it would also be difficult to imagine that either 5th or 6th (the only others over 4,000 votes) could make up more than 1500 votes, barring an avalanche of last minute votes, to overtake us, and relegate us from the top 4. Hopefully we'll also have a surge of last minute votes to get us over the line.

Keep voting :D

On the Fueling Good website it states that voting closes at 11:59pm ET 28 November ( which I believe is 3:59pm AEST Thursday 29 November), so we may not have as much time as we thought.

After trawling through the website, the leading vote getters in the Northeast region (at @12:20am AEST) were:

Maria Luisa de Moreno International Foundation 17,939

Head Start of Fayette County 9,021

Haitian Students/Parents Solidarity 6,300

American Youth Rugby League Association 5,829

Neversink Valley Museum of History and Innovation 4,298

Kacey Rose Foundation 4,249

So, we are in 4th place, which I understand would be sufficient to potentially obtain a grant. It would be hard to imagine that we could catch either of the two leaders, or even 3rd. Likewise it would also be difficult to imagine that either 5th or 6th (the only others over 4,000 votes) could make up more than 1500 votes, barring an avalanche of last minute votes, to overtake us, and relegate us from the top 4. Hopefully we'll also have a surge of last minute votes to get us over the line.

Keep voting :D

Thanks for going through the site, i have done it many times and it is quite painful.

Yes Finishing in the top 4 is all we need to do. So Thank you so much for carrying us on through to this great endeavor please keep on voting till Friday or whatever time the voting ends in your part of the world.

That's fantastic news regarding the High School team, let's hope they realise that RL is a much better game and help spread the gospel!

By any chance Lawrence do you know what is going on with Grand Prix Entertainment?

Honestly I dont. I only concern myself with matters that are within my realm of control. That being said my realm of control is the RIR and the Development of youth which is the only way that this sport will have the stability it needs to be successful in the USA.

Poul

Juniors
Thanks for going through the site, i have done it many times and it is quite painful.

Yes Finishing in the top 4 is all we need to do. So Thank you so much for carrying us on through to this great endeavor please keep on voting till Friday or whatever time the voting ends in your part of the world.

On the website it states that voting concludes at 11:59pm 28 November (http://fuelinggood.com/rules), so this only means a couple (4?) of hours to go.
I think we have it though. At @12pm AEST votes were

MLDMIF 19135

HSFC 9419

HSPSA 6592

AYRLA 6363

NVMHI 4865

KRF 4462

I don't think 5th and 6th can catch us now, and we might even climb into 3rd spot, not that that should matter at all. I'll check the site at 4pm AEST to see in fact if voting will have concluded.
In the mean time, keep on voting :crazy:

league13

Juniors
On the website it states that voting concludes at 11:59pm 28 November (http://fuelinggood.com/rules), so this only means a couple (4?) of hours to go.
I think we have it though. At @12pm AEST votes were

MLDMIF 19135

HSFC 9419

HSPSA 6592

AYRLA 6363

NVMHI 4865

KRF 4462

I don't think 5th and 6th can catch us now, and we might even climb into 3rd spot, not that that should matter at all. I'll check the site at 4pm AEST to see in fact if voting will have concluded.
In the mean time, keep on voting :crazy:

Thanks for the update Poul.

Poul

Juniors
Thanks for the update Poul.

No problems :)

At last count (@1:35pm AEST) we were only 127 votes behind the 3rd placed Haitian Students/Parents Solidarity Association and closing.
One last big push before 4pm and we might just overtake them :D

Keep on voting :crazy: