What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Bulldogs Rd16

vvvrulz

Coach
I loved how that early-ish field goal saved us from a frantic last two minutes.

One major hole in our team right now is the deer-in-headlights moments when the opposition goes on a rampage similar those five minutes and the Panthers nightmare.

Guys, keep your heads, hold the line and make tackles.

Rich102

Staff member
I thought the game was very poor from both sides.
The poor first half cost the Dogs big time.
Without Jackson to the bin we would possibly have lost.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
I thought the game was very poor from both sides.
The poor first half cost the Dogs big time.
Without Jackson to the bin we would possibly have lost.
Yeah, where I said "decent" I should have said "competitive"

The Dogs have the effort thing going, but are a pretty shit team.

We're just a shit team

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I loved how that early-ish field goal saved us from a frantic last two minutes.
Yep. Johnson started well and maintained his good management throughout the game. Maumalos disallowed try off Johnson's grubber, was a dumb grubber because it went straight to Montoya but with the conditions, the ball went through Montoyas legs. Some might say lucky from Johnson but you create your own luck. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep. Johnson started well and maintained his good management throughout the game. Maumalos disallowed try off Johnson's grubber, was a dumb grubber because it went straight to Montoya but with the conditions, the ball went through Montoyas legs. Some might say lucky from Johnson but you create your own luck. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

You couldargue that that was playing to yge conditions though, SJ knew it was cold and greasy and that a skidding, bouncing ball would be harder to handle.

Penrose_11

Juniors
I thought Roache had a good impact on the game. Several darting runs from dummy half had the Dogs line running backwards. And he has a quick play the ball allowing for the rumble forward to continue. First time I've actually thought he looked good.

I can't say enough about Gavet's monstering play both with the ball and on D. Fearless. Got under the skin of a few Doggies forwards to with is always a good sign someone's dominating

Last edited:

jaseg

Juniors
Roache was fantastic - was coming out and committing the A defender and/or marker and making the run that much easier for his forwards so often, delivered quick clean ball when required and whenever the faintest sniff was there he ran to great effect. Exactly what we bought Luke to do. I really hope we can keep him - he can play 80 if needed, and is a better defender than Luke. He's not the finished product yet, but could very quickly become a top tier dummy half. The Dogs themselves would benefit an awful lot from poaching him in place of that plodder Lichaa.

And yeah, Gavet... he just ragdolls guys, doesn't matter how big they are. It's great to see. Several strong runs during bad sets to take some pressure off too. If he can add another 15 minutes to his average game time and maintain that level of performance I'd consider him among the truly elite middles in the game (which is still below Taumalolo, obviously).

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah I'm over this Luke signing, he only shows up when he feels like it and when he's turned off it reflects on the entire team.

Last thing I want now is Roache to be picked up elsewhere

Iafeta

Referee
Issac has been very good the last month or so. Got to think though a hooker is really reliant on his forwards. I see more and more of forwards going to the line with someone running in support. It holds up defenders and gets good ruck speed as a result. From that, the dummy half running has been very good.

I also think Roache playing as he did will keep Luke on his toes. I don't think Jazz ever really putting the heat on him. Jazz is a good young combo forward, just needs to drop his error rate as he definitely has a compelling work ethic.

Latest posts