What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dragons rd7

Johnson only just beats him at this very moment, with more experience and his ability to find a clutch play.

But everytime SJ goes down we’re covered and then some, what a luxury.

I don't want SJ back till he is 100% as he went missing in Broncos game.

The whole team has played well in both games he has played. We would have won both games with SJ and I'd rather have Johnson for his miracle plays when we aren't playing so well.

Sometime I feel the team thinks the same, they want him to pull them out of trouble instead of all working for it.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Great defensive win.

Dragons were a little off the pace and we were right up for the contest. Pretty much the opposite of what happened for us last week.

Their forward pack is brutal though so the fact we stood up to them will be a big plus, especially after losing Harris in the 25th minute.

The great thing about our performances this year is the way they fight through adversity. Mannering has missed games, SJ has missed games, no Pulu, no Kata, and we lose Harris early.

Players just step in and plug the hole. 3 of our 4 try scorers were injury replacements.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Fus is one of the most enjoyable players to watch that they've had in a long time. Always got a highlight in him and he just seems so smooth and graceful. I really look forward to watching him each week.

Loving Afoa too, just keen to have a good hard run when needed.

Some crazy stats on Nrl.com
We had 38% possession
81% completion
36 less runs.
272 less running meters.
178 less post contact meters
39 less tackle breaks
10 less offloads
2 less errors

But 14m more kick returns.
29 more tackles
42 more missed tackles.
13 more ineffective tackles.
8 more penalties against us.
2 more kicks.
271m more kicking meters.

Last edited:
I don't get the idea that penalties are deliberate.

I understand the slowing down the play the ball if a break made to get people on side, but we where pinged for offside/inside the 10m.

Which doesn't give you an advantage and gives the attacking team 6 more tackle at you. Not sure how it stifles attack, they also get to reset.

Dragons just couldn't/didn't take the 2 points as they behind, yet could of been in front if they had taken them.

Big Marn

Juniors
I bloody well missed most of the game due to work and only heard a bit of radio commentary as i was driving home, but i did hear the no try from Graham's knockon. The commentators went on and on about enough advantage being played as we had advanced 20 metres up field but then lost our advantage with Ken throwing the balll away to Lafai.
Do the rules applied change when it goes to the Bunker because i was fully expecting it to be given as a try based on the advantage rule. Did they discuss it much on the TV commentary?

Benek

Juniors
Wow that one of the best Warriors games I've witnessed in 5 years. Huge effort. Really proud.

That missed tackle count though! :astonished:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Wow that one of the best Warriors games I've witnessed in 5 years. Huge effort. Really proud.

That missed tackle count though! :astonished:
I'm happy to wear that missed tackle count as long as the scramble D is on point, which it was. They scrambled like mad men on D and I love the way they smashed Dufty when he started to run across field

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm happy to wear that missed tackle count as long as the scramble D is on point, which it was. They scrambled like mad men on D and I love the way they smashed Dufty when he started to run across field

Yeah that missed tackle count is a red herring; everytime we missed one, one or more black jumpers would turn up immediately to smash em.

Iafeta

Referee
I don't want SJ back till he is 100% as he went missing in Broncos game.

The entire team went missing against Brisbane frankly, still gave us a chance late with a good try. Our record without Shaun is dire.

I think we grossly underestimate Shaun. I would like to see how his partnership with Blake transpires because halves balance is crucial and they give it to each other.

Mason was outstanding again last night, but I do feel he was caught out in defence a few times as well and we scrambled well so it wasn’t overly noticeable.

Izz

Bench
Do we think Gelling has to remain in the side now, even if Kata is available? That was one hell of an effort.
Kata's out for a few more weeks isn't he? So a good chance for Gelling to stake his claim. Was stoked for him last night. I've always rated him highly & was really happy when the club gave him another gig