What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dragons rd7

Dav0c

Juniors
I bloody well missed most of the game due to work and only heard a bit of radio commentary as i was driving home, but i did hear the no try from Graham's knockon. The commentators went on and on about enough advantage being played as we had advanced 20 metres up field but then lost our advantage with Ken throwing the balll away to Lafai.
Do the rules applied change when it goes to the Bunker because i was fully expecting it to be given as a try based on the advantage rule. Did they discuss it much on the TV commentary?

I always thought advantage from a knock on was getting a 7 tackle set. Since the warriors never got to start from zero, there was no advantage. I haven't actually researched it though.

Benek

Juniors
Yeah that missed tackle count is a red herring; everytime we missed one, one or more black jumpers would turn up immediately to smash em.
But wouldnt it be better not to miss in the first place and not have to scramble? Would save a lot of energy for the rest if the team.

sup42

Juniors
When a team is defending like that, getting off their line with that 'penalties be dammed' mentality, it stifles the game plan of the opposition.
The Warriors missed tackles were to be expected against the Dragons, they are an excellent side stacked with Rep players... once you have twelve men...its inevitable there will be that many first up misses.

They had so much possession.

I don't think the Warriors have ever defended as well that ever....we've had some good efforts this year but both of the other times we played with 12 we conceded two trys.

That passage when Green was off looked like 13 on 13

The Refs this year seem to pick a side and Ref that one team.

The Roosters game is the only time we've had parity with the 50/50 calls.

That's just how it is for us...we will have to guts it out all year.

Those deliberate penalties we give away stop the oppositions momentum...they just cannot get out of second gear and run their plays.

The Roosters and Storm....Manly too....have all won premiership giving away deliberate penalties...you just have to be super fit

Last edited:

Latest posts