What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Raider's rd20

If Wayne Bennet was our coach, golden point would be gone.
3/4 losses in golden point this year.

How would the table look if teams took a point each?

JJ

Immortal
Lots of might have beens this season, could have lost both Roosters games too.

Raiders are too flakey to be a threat, they should have won that easily the tries they let in were embarrassing

Fun game though...

Cold Roses

Juniors
He barked to his boys about defence.

Then we go on a frenzy of jersey grabbing and air swishing and they run down 90 metres

Yep. The good teams don't defend in patches. They defend consistently for every set.

The good analysts always say that defence is about positive attitude and belief.

Our defence is why we haven't made the finals in so long.

JJ

Immortal
And it's the Raiders problem too. Need to do it for 80 to consistently compete with the big boys

Blair

Coach
I notice both Johnson and Lolohea had their leg supports off, but Johnson still seemed resticted. That break in the first half (where he unexpectedly came up with the ball near our line) he hardly took off, did he? In previous years he would've gone the length.

So...if Johnson's not quite right but Lolohea is, then we'd be a bit shy on attack. That's why it's a headshaker not having Lolohea starting.

Blair

Coach
That's pretty much our season done i think

Let's win our next three - v Panthers, Titans and Souths - and see what happens. This is in no way like last year, when we were in a similar position on the table, but we had no mana at all.

We're different this year, I think even our harshest critics (including on this forum) will acknowledge that.

I'm putting a lot of it down to Luke, and he hasn't even hit his best form yet.

vvvrulz

Coach
Let's win our next three - v Panthers, Titans and Souths - and see what happens. This is in no way like last year, when we were in a similar position on the table, but we had no mana at all.

We're different this year, I think even our harshest critics (including on this forum) will acknowledge that.

I'm putting a lot of it down to Luke, and he hasn't even hit his best form yet.

I'm also not writing off the season, that's three away games we took to golden point and lost by a whisker.
One of them against the table toppers and these other two are no mugs.

Our home games will show us where we really are.

Blair

Coach
What was up with Gavet's hair? It was quite bizarre, like the battery on his clippers had ran out.

We will see how we respond at home to a team going well in Panthers.
After close losses in previous years we lose a game by a big margin soon after.

The problem is our current use of talent.

Lolo is very similar to Johnson in playing style and at the moment it seems a mismatch to put them in partnership in the halves. I guess most clubs have an xfactor half and other organisational half.

I say fullback for now, Maumalo out and Fus to wing.

We will see how we respond at home to a team going well in Panthers.
After close losses in previous years we lose a game by a big margin soon after.

The problem is our current use of talent.

Lolo is very similar to Johnson in playing style and at the moment it seems a mismatch to put them in partnership in the halves. I guess most clubs have an xfactor half and other organisational half.

I say fullback for now, Maumalo out and Fus to wing.

Benek

Juniors
I just can't get passed the fact that we suck so bad at turning possession and field position into points. We dominated much of that first half and had almost nothing to show for it.

Out of everything that happened last night that part worries me the most. If we went into half with the 20 points we should/could have scored, that would have changed the landscape of the game entirely.

jaseg

Juniors
Imagine if we had a proven amazing tryscorer on each wing and still a ball player at fullback.

Ah, dreams.... (of Cappy getting the sack.)

Mind you, should have still got that first try - when the defender turns inward toward the attacking player, he's committed.

No one is even talking about it on the news etc this morning about the disallowed try.
I know we are not the only team that gets bad calls, but I'd like to see the number of times across all teams the ref boss came out and said we got it wrong against all teams.

jaseg

Juniors
Oh we're far and away leading that one (edit; referring to refs admitting mistakes against teams) - I think we're on 5 this year? Maybe 6? Most of those came early in the year.

All in all though, I don't think we've been THAT badly done by the refs throughout games - more in incidents that turn out to be game-deciding - which in part is also down to the team. Top teams can win despite that stuff, and it doesn't become 'game-changing'.