What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VS Roosters rd 4 2018

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Hmmm.
I wouldn't be sold on that quite yet.
But am more than glad to be wrong (like so many times already and it's only round 4)

Adequately. Not as well, but given the right platform as they got last night - Lino has the kicking game (seriously his short kicking game is AWESOME) and I was impressed with his direct running as well. There's no doubt he can't game manage like Green and no surprise given their relative experience. But if you're losing Green during Origin time or injury/whenever, Lino showed yesterday he has the makings of a hell of a decent NRL player and is solid depth.

Has anyone in this side had a bad game this year yet? I'm struggling to think of one. Blair was quiet the first couple of weeks but man, he was great on the weekend. Loved him at lock, not required to be carting the ball up but doing all the small stuff, exhibiting workrate and doing his best stuff in tying up the ruck.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Looks too much like a young billy Slater for my liking. Some roosters fans complaining about penalty there but it was a clear cut shoulder to the head right?
Yep definitely a head high. He was just a bit unfortunate it crept up a bit. That wasn't his only hit though, he jolted someone else but it wasn't a hit just a good tackle.

Yeah I guess if someone told me that was Slaters cousin I'd say I see a resemblance. Promising player IMO.

Yeah it was bloody wild, had the best time. I was in bay 37 about halfway down near the aisle shared with bay 38. And Haha yeah I was one of the blokes that got a photo with the great man who might I say was very generous with his time and patience Great ambassador for the club. Didn't have my Jersey but just my grey 2012 scarf.

We were in Bay 38. It was nuts. So many great videos of the songs and chants being shared on facebook. Goosebump material. Veitchey sharing them all on his page to

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hmmm.
I wouldn't be sold on that quite yet.
But am more than glad to be wrong (like so many times already and it's only round 4)

Well as far as I know he’s never actually got to partner SJ so we don’t really know (unless it was at the end of last year when they were all playing like busted arseholes). I’d like to see that combo at some point, though obviously it won’t happen unless Green is injured or on rep duty as he’s killing it.

Blair

Coach
We were in Bay 38. It was nuts. So many great videos of the songs and chants being shared on facebook. Goosebump material. Veitchey sharing them all on his page to

Only downside was the beer chuckers. I can handle it OK near the end (because that's part and parcel of the general mayhem) but one oke sprayed everyone after our first try.

Well as far as I know he’s never actually got to partner SJ so we don’t really know (unless it was at the end of last year when they were all playing like busted arseholes). I’d like to see that combo at some point, though obviously it won’t happen unless Green is injured or on rep duty as he’s killing it.

Nah cos SJ was one of the busted assholes

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Looks too much like a young billy Slater for my liking. Some roosters fans complaining about penalty there but it was a clear cut shoulder to the head right?

Guess it was but the law frustrates me. In the AFL it's even more farcical, if you duck your head into any position and the tackler makes contact it's a free (our version of a penalty). Sao slipped a bit, Radley would've hit him with good contact had he not. Reminds me of Jerome Kaino being binned in the Lions series last year, with a tackle that would've been absolutely fine had the runner not slipped. Similar for the penalty given away in the 2nd Test, when Courtney Lawes jumped to take a pass and was deemed to have been tackled in the air. Sometimes refs could be realistic in a fast game about where the intent to hit someone was.

Blair

Coach
If that new commentator and his well-known sidekick - Blocker - weren't too flash doing their job then, having watched the reply, it's pleasant to note that they were completely unbiased.

In fact, they were all over us in parts.

Last edited:
If that new commentator and his well-known sidekick - Blocker - weren't too flash doing their job then, having watched the reply, it's pleasant to note that they were completely unbiased.

In fact, they were all over us in parts.
Gaz was giving it to us on the quite, when Roosters got a penalty he excitedly said "That's what they needed!!!! ......If your a Roosters fan" happened twice if my recall is correct.
Others as you said seemed balanced.

vvvrulz

Coach
I enjoyed the genuine surprise in the commentary, mirroring our own "whoa WTF is going on".

"Jungle Ball" Blocker talks a bunch of crap a lot of the time - but he's certainly not biased.

sup42

Juniors
Bradley should have been sent.

All intent tells you is that the player is either a thug or unfortunate.

A ref should never be allowed to make subjective calls about intent when it comes to contact with the head.

Safety and player Welfare is the only consideration.

They give players penalties and send offs for ruck infringements.

High shots should have the lowest threshold along side lifting etc.

Place the onus on the players....make the game as safe for professionals as what you would hope to see if one of your kids was playing.

End rant.

Latest posts