What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

W.A.R.L. Results '08

Nuke

Staff member
Tyrone was dropped from the Reds team? You're kidding, right?! He's been one of the very few players in the Reds games I've seen that has played better than the others. Still, the Reds loss is Fremantle's gain.

b0rt

Juniors
my guess is they were worried about him vs wendell
(which wouldnt have eventuated anyway)
so put eggleston on the wing and i gues gherardi at center
can anyone find a team sheet?

Nuke

Staff member
I just had a look at my BigLeague mag from the weekend just gone, and it had Tyrone Coppedge in the number 5 jersey and Wendell Sailor in the number 20, but on the wing in place of the number 5.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
This was the team that played on the weekend, big league must of been wrong

1.Ben Lindegaard
2.Pikari Te Wara
3.Heath Egglstone
4.Clae Morgan
5.Jason Godecke
6.Shayne McMenemy
7.Craig Phillis
8.James Blake
9.Isaac Thomas
10.Nathan Searle
11.Jon Phipps
12.Roddy Tahu
13.Delane Edwards
14.Steven Gheradi
15.Josh Irving
16.Ben McCrone
17.Zac Keating

b0rt

Juniors
that explains why dicko and kestle were at north beach on thursday

thats a lot of changes

which club is clae morgan from? anyone?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS FOR ROOSTERS AND LIONS
In a game where the two inaugural WA Rugby League clubs played in their centenary strip South Perth Lions and Fremantle Roosters served up a good feast for local rugby league fans.
In the first half the Lions kicked out early, but the Roosters were able to put six points on the board late in the half to go into the shed with a 16 to 6 score line and then come out with some strong plays to get back to 10 points, early in the second half.
After that it was a well drilled South Perth who managed the conditions better to end up winning 28 to 10. Ben Milby was the best for Fremantle and Jack Greenwood with 3 tries the best for the Lions.
Rockingham Sharks recorded a rare win against North Beach Sea Eagles leading all day with the final score 36 to 24. Running with a strong wind the Sharks got to a 24 to 8 lead after 30 minutes and then played well to hold out North Beach.
On a day where conditions dominated, best players were Dale Christy for the Sharks and Scott Cherry for the Sea Eagles.
Kalgoorlie Brothers had a 52 to 18 win against an undermanned Willagee Bears in the Goldfields. Kalgoorlie have now settled into the season and playing better football than a few weeks ago.
Joondalup Giants and Central Bulldogs had a thriller at Centenary Park with the Giants running out winners 22 to 20 with a try run in with eight minutes to go by Daniel Jennings.
The game was neck a neck for the whole match as each side tried to get an advantage in heavy conditions.
Along with Jennings, Ben Matthews was the best for the Giants with good games for the Bulldogs coming from Waisake Volau and Brad McLean.

Ladder after Round 6-
P W L D +/- Pts
South Perth 6 6 0 0 270 12
Rockingham 6 4 2 0 70 8
North Beach 6 4 2 0 66 8
Central 6 4 2 0 60 8
Joondalup 6 3 3 0 -106 6
Kalgoorlie 6 2 4 0 -94 4
Fremantle 6 1 5 0 -94 2
Willagee 6 0 6 0 -172 0

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
For those that attended the other games last weekend (other than the Central vs Joondalup game at Belmont), what were the grounds like after all that rain? Centenary Field was like a big puddle with goal posts sticking out either end! That ground has always been like that though - it always turns to slush once it starts to rain.

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, especially down my wing in the first half of the Premier-Grade (the sideline closest to the clubhouse)! I took a photo of the ground on my mobile once I crossed the river and managed to get through the gate once I arrived at about 12:30pm. If I can download it to my computer, then upload it online, I'll post it here for you all to see.

Nuke

Staff member
Okee doke. Here is that photo I took on my mobile the other day.
CentenaryFieldBelmontafteralotofrai.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Actually, no they're not! I'm serious too! It is still damp deep inside the boots, so lucky they get the weekend off to completely dry out in the laundry.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
nice photo!

Centenary Park has alsways been like that though. i remeber junior games being played on the opposite field and when we finished we'd walk through the main field get a big run up and slide through the mud!!!

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, I remember playing on that main field about 10yrs ago in the U'18s after it'd been raining a bit and the surface -in patches at least- was muddy slush. I've never played games in actual puddles (or lakes as in our case last weekend!) though.