What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Giant makes the grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done to Anneka Stephens who plays for Joondalup Giants and has become the first WA women to sign for the NRLW. Best of luck Anneka, the women’s game is going great guns over here in the West.

Western Australian forward Stephens is another free agent identified by Lacey at the NRL Holden Women's Premiership following her outstanding performances for the Combined Affiliated States, also at the National Championships.

"Anneka is a player who will bring a real high work ethic to the Dragons. We saw her putting other players on their back on numerous occasions when she represented the Combined Affiliated States," Lacey said.

"When we approached her she was all for the chance to develop and improve her game being that she's from Western Australia."

Stephens hit the headlines as a standout for the Combined Affiliated States earlier in June; one who'd be able to transcend the elite marquee squad and sign with an NRL Holden Women's Premiership outfit in the free agency period.

"To be given this opportunity is something amazing and I am very thankful and blessed. I just want to take everything in and learn as much as I can to better my game," Stephens said.

"There is always room for improvement and no doubt they will push me to become the player I need to be to compete on the big stage. This year has been the first I have fully committed to rugby league and it has definitely paid off. "

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/06/27/dragons-sign-two-more-for-nrl-womens-premiership/

Nuke

Staff member
Neeks is an awesome player. Very competitive, and has high expectations of herself and her teammates. I know this because I manage the Joondalup Giants Womens team that she's a part of and I've known her for years.
She's very excited to be a part of the inaugural NRLW Premiership and mix it with all the Jillaroos, KiwiFerns, NSW and Qld Origin players.

Latest posts