What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Reds v Belrose - Rd10

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well its the battle of the mid table this weekend. Lose and we will drop down the table, win and we stay within reach of a playoff spot. After 4 losses in a row we are due a win and whilst Belrose are no walk overs it is a winnable game for us. What's more I will be there at Lionel Watts reserve cheering the lads on. There may be only two of us there but we will let them know they have some Reds supporters in the crowd!

Commmmmeeeeee on you Redsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Nuke

Staff member
They definitely need to start winning again sooner rather than later. Perhaps with your support this weekend, they'll dig deep and pull out a win for ya!

Alehana

Juniors
hahah, perth red you'll be so visible if this game was on tv, in ur reds jersey on the other side of the ground. good luck

Nuke

Staff member
Well I hope for your sake KalgoorlieRed that Salford are doing better than the WA Reds. I haven't followed the ESL at all this year (even so much as seeing the ladder to see who's winning more than others), so I have no idea.

Nuke

Staff member
See?! Haha! I must admit I didn't think they were, but like I said, I haven't followed it at all this year, so I just assumed -going by KalgoorlieRed's post- they were. Whoops!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well back in Perth after a weekend in the big smoke!

You would not believe how bad we played in that first half! We couldn't tackle, couldn't hold the ball and threw some diabolical passes. We dropped the ball twice with the line open in the first twenty and basically looked disinterested. Mcmenemy had an absolute shocker and gifted them two tries with bad passes, he is clearly still full of flu looking at him warming up coughing and sneezing.

Second half we dug in and lifted in all areas but the game was well and truly lost by then. Was by far our worse display (didn't think we could get much worse than the Campbelltown game!) and I am not sure where we turn it around as the players look disheartend and very tired. Photos will be posted on Facebook Reds page tonight.

Just on Belrose, geez when they say JB cup is "park footy" they really mean it over there! The ground made North Beach look luxurious! Playing at MES for most of the JB cup teams must be like running out at Wembley! There was about 10 people in Reds shirts and about 50 supporting Belrose.

Was good to support the lads on the road but I think we could be in for a long 2nd half to the season unless something dramatically changes.

Roland

Juniors
Belrose have by far the worst ground and facilities in the comp, but as you say, nothing other than Campbelltown Stadium would rate with MES.

I understand the Reds wanting to have as many home grown players as possible but given the apparent inability to attract many players of quality from the East Coast, perhaps the club could benefit from having a relationship with a sydney club, say Norths, who are the leaders in the State Cup comp, and have 3 players waiting in Sydney when they arrive to play away games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wouldn't like that idea myself, in many ways results in this first season were never going to be a major factor in our success. Bums on seats, corporate sponsors and gaining experience are what this seasons about. I think with the addition of a couple of big forwards and a decent scrum half we would be playoff material.

Latest posts