What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Reds vs Cronulla/Southern Sharks?

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Anyone know what game will be on next Saturday and what time the k.o is?

I've heard Cronulla have pulled out, but who are the Southern Sydney Sharks? Sounds like a Cronulla/Bunnies JV?

b0rt

Juniors
nah its just still loosely sharks feeders, cronulla-caringbah fell through due to lack of funds
The club was originally called Cronulla-Caringbah but last minute talks with the New South Wales Rugby League has seen a name change.

The club will still have the same coach, colours and players but will field plenty of players that were involved in the A-grade competition last year.

Former NRL player Luke Goodwin will coach the side and will be hoping that the Sharks can win a few matches from the beginning.
link

Nuke

Staff member
One of their players is Terence Seu Seu, the hooker the Knights dropped for repeated off-field offences. He's the guy that looks like Anh Do! I'll be interested to see how he goes next week.

my family and I and 15 ( at least) other colleague from Joondalup Health Campus will be in attendance...so phone your mates/ family and lets make this saturdays match a memorable event:)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Adult $15
Concessions $10
Children (under 16) $8
Family (2+2) $35 (pre purchse only)

Contact for more info is Lucy 0407 174 152

Gates open 5pm
5.30pm Perth City v Perth Kiwis
7.30pm Reds v Sharks

b0rt

Juniors
word on the street is David Peachey (formerly of Sharks and Rabbitohs in the NRL) will be playing 5/8 for the south sydeny sharks tonight

Nuke

Staff member
You must tell me where this street is, Bort! David Peachey, in the number 20 jumper, played centres tonight.

WA Reds won 38-26.

Reds skipped out to a 10-nil lead, but midway through the 2nd half, Sharks were leading 26-10 (and looked to me like they were gonna run away with it). The Reds got their 2nd wind and started scoring tries again -the last being right on full-time.

b0rt

Juniors
Peachey out of retirement
April 19, 2008
Brad Walter

Formr Cronulla and Souths fullback David Peachey has come out of retirement to play for the Southern Sydney Sharks in the Jim Beam Cup.

Peachey, who answered an SOS from Sharks coach Luke Goodwin this week, will make his comeback at five-eighth tonight in Perth against the WA Reds.

"I've known Luke for a while and they're doing it a bit tough, so he asked me to play," said Peachey, who hung up his boots last year after two seasons with the Rabbitohs. "I'll probably only play about six games, but I'm looking forward to it. I always said I would try and keep fit so that if someone rang me I'd be able to have a run."

The Sharks also boast sacked Newcastle hooker Terence Seu Seu.

"It's the first time I've played in Perth since Super League," Peachey said.
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/articles/2008/04/18/1208025476270.html

also when they did the team announcements they said 1. blah 2. blah.....(etcetc) 5.blah and representing the south sydney sharks number 20. david peachey
also he tended to be 3rd or 4th man in, not second. took a lot of kicks on 5th and generally acted as a 1st reciever when the ball went down his side of the field.
could be wrong, but im pretty sure he was 5/8

Nuke

Staff member
Just about every time I watched him, he was one-in from the winger. He did float around midfield and conduct the team around a bit too, but spent most of the game at centre.

Didn't Peachey play in the game against the Warriors here in 2005? I'm pretty sure he did. Same ground too.

Nuke

Staff member
Just a confirmation here: Yes he did play in that game. I've just checked the photos I took that night.