What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker out to make Bunnies fans forget all about Keary

callmack1

Staff member

VERSATILE Rabbitoh Cody Walker is delighted to get first crack at filling Luke Keary’s five-eighth shoes in Sunday’s big Charity Shield trial against the Dragons.

Walker can play just about anywhere in the backline – but has a preference for five-eighth and aims to grab his chance.

Keary left the Rabbitohs for arch rivals Sydney Roosters over the summer, leaving the number six jumper vacant.

“I was really pleased when ‘Madge’ (coach Michael Maguire) gave me this shot,” Walker says.

“I played all over the backline as a kid and even in my rookie NRL year last season,” he says.

“But I like five-eighth – it’s the spot I feel I am best suited for.

“Adam Reynolds is a great halfback to play alongside and I have some great players outside me.

“So I am very lucky – I aim to make a good impression.”

Walker’s fine debut season was one of the few highlights of a dim 2016 at Redfern.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/walker-looking-make-bunnies-fans-forget-keary/

Last edited by a moderator:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'll never forget Keary. He won a grand final. He was heavily involved in 2 tries in that grand final.

But I hope Walker can be better
The thing about Keary for me was that he plugged a hole in the team, which was great, but he just plateaued after riding the 2014 wave. I was hoping so muxh more from him but in 2015 and 2016 he just crumbled.

VERSATILE Rabbitoh Cody Walker is delighted to get first crack at filling Luke Keary’s five-eighth shoes in Sunday’s big Charity Shield trial against the Dragons.

Walker can play just about anywhere in the backline – but has a preference for five-eighth and aims to grab his chance.

Keary left the Rabbitohs for arch rivals Sydney Roosters over the summer, leaving the number six jumper vacant.

“I was really pleased when ‘Madge’ (coach Michael Maguire) gave me this shot,” Walker says.

“I played all over the backline as a kid and even in my rookie NRL year last season,” he says.

“But I like five-eighth – it’s the spot I feel I am best suited for.

“Adam Reynolds is a great halfback to play alongside and I have some great players outside me.

“So I am very lucky – I aim to make a good impression.”

Walker’s fine debut season was one of the few highlights of a dim 2016 at Redfern.

Source please. Otherwise I have to delete it.

Thanks.

doyen

Bench
The thing about Keary for me was that he plugged a hole in the team, which was great, but he just plateaued after riding the 2014 wave. I was hoping so muxh more from him but in 2015 and 2016 he just crumbled.

I think a number of players went backwards under Madge in the past 2 yrs;particularly backs, who didn't seem to be playing their natural games. Keary seemed like a player that was unhappy & frustrated!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think a number of players went backwards under Madge in the past 2 yrs;particularly backs, who didn't seem to be playing their natural games. Keary seemed like a player that was unhappy & frustrated!!
No excuses, he dropped his level and didn't concentrate.

southsport

First Grade

Not necessarily Madge's fault though doyen.

Pommy

Coach
In the latest training photos Walker had his hands on his hips, season over, total dud, bad influence etc etc.