What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally Lewis Coach!!

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Where do you start, bloody dragons.
Amatuer, immature and clueless.

Lewis nailed it last night " no structure, no backbone" and well not clueless but that will do.
Gould " no finesse in finishing"

If the above comments are true, it is indeed a coaching problem.
Get Lewis it is just what the Dragons need.
I know just a dream, better than the nightmare we are now.

The calm one

Juniors

Lewis nailed it last night " no structure, no backbone" and well not clueless but that will do.

I doubt if Wally will ever coach due to health reasons. It is a shame he would have made a great coach. Footballers brain with plenty of mongrel in him

Life's Good

Coach

IMG_0059.JPG

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Why would Lewis give up a perfect job for life, to chance his luck with the Dragons .... or any other club for that matter.

No, Wally was a great player but not a coach ( Gold Coast Giants )

His assessment of us is on par with any experienced ex player / commentator.

Probably fair to say you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see our issues.

Hopefully, better days ahead for us.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Its pretty obvious we have a coach that has no game plan, no structure, no vision, not able to prepare a side to play for 80 mins.....not able to instruct his players how to close out a game.....not able to improvise when required ....poor selection process and poor use of the bench....and worst of all he always makes excuses no matter what the occassion......a couple of days ago when I learnt the possibility of James Graham coming to the club to be honest I wasnt that keen....but Im having second thoughts now....he may very well be the boy to tell Widdop what to do on the field and McGregor what to do off it.....because by God we need someone to take charge of this once very proud club and return it to where it belongs at the top.....end of story

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Ditto
Its pretty obvious we have a coach that has no game plan, no structure, no vision, not able to prepare a side to play for 80 mins.....not able to instruct his players how to close out a game.....not able to improvise when required ....poor selection process and poor use of the bench....and worst of all he always makes excuses no matter what the occassion......a couple of days ago when I learnt the possibility of James Graham coming to the club to be honest I wasnt that keen....but Im having second thoughts now....he may very well be the boy to tell Widdop what to do on the field and McGregor what to do off it.....because by God we need someone to take charge of this once very proud club and return it to where it belongs at the top.....end of story

Ditto, couldn't have said it any better myself

epDragon62

First Grade
Absolutely agree

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree wholeheartedly BSE
Especially the bit about letting McGregor know what he thinks.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Our player recruitment is pathetic. In years past we recruited players like Reddy, Goodwin, Wynn, Johnson, Young, Johnston, O'Grady, Gourlay, Walford, Blacklock, O'Connor, Morris, Brennan, Boyd and Weyman who could win you games. The player recruitment needs strengthening as apart from Vaughan and Hunt the recruitment is pathetic.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Wally Lewis as coach. Peter Sterling as his assistant. Mal Meninga as the trainer and Sam Backo as water boy.

...................and McGregor as assistant water boy.
No............. make that, sand boy or girl..
No ............ make that assistant sand boy or girl.
No ..........,. just drop him altogether.
Now there's a perfect fit.

slippery5

Juniors

Lewis is another candidate who couldn't coach a Choko Vine over the fence.