What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanderers fans at it yet again!

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
Jets fan 'attacked' at Western Sydney Wanderers match

By IAN KIRKWOOD

Nov. 23, 2014, 11:06 a.m.

A MOBILE phone video allegedly showing a gang of Western Sydney Wanderers fans belting into a lone Newcastle Jets supporter after Saturday’s game has emerged on Facebook.

The 12-second clip shows about a dozen people crowded around and punching into a man with a top or jacket pulled at least partly over his head, restricting his movement.

Even so, he defends himself to the point where the crowd scatters as a woman yells at them to stop.

On his Facebook page, the man who posted the video says he ‘‘just got f...king rolled by 15 blokes by the WSW justwalking along the street in Sydney’’.

‘‘Bit of a shock but got away with just a couple of bruised eyes and a fat lip. Good times!! NOT!!,’’ he wrote.

The clip was uploaded at about 9pm on Saturday night and had been viewed more than 6800 times by 11am on Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=874023282629681

The Newcastle Herald is seeking further information from authorities.
Know more? Contact ikirkwood@fairfaxmedia.com.au
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2715389/wanderers-fans-attack-jets-supporter-video/?src=rss

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
Throw the Wanderers out of the League! and give a $1000 fine to every man, woman and child who's ever been to one of their matches!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So someone "having a big mouth and talking shit" is an excuse for a group of cowardly f**kers to set on him?

f**king please, grow up.

Jimbo

Immortal
So someone "having a big mouth and talking shit" is an excuse for a group of cowardly f**kers to set on him?

f**king please, grow up.

I don't think anyone is condoning what happened to this bloke Tim

I was merely pointing out that antagonising a group of opposing fans at a sporting fixture is likely to have an adverse affect on one's wellbeing

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Did not know where to post this....

Is anybody watching them???

Was flicking through channels

Looks a shyte ground, very soggy.

WireMan

Bench
So 15 hooligans attack a lone fan and the lone fan not only got away with just a few bruisers and a boo boo on his lip he scatters them?

:lol:

Aussie hooligans are just an insult to hooligans the world over.

strong_latte

Juniors
I just wonder whether there is anything else to this story...

Yeah, because soccer-androtops don't start random acts of violence unprovoked ever do they?

Moron.

Seriously, the entire sport of soccer is emphatically un-Australian.

strong_latte

Juniors
If that's what I'd said, you might have been justified in getting all pre-menstrual about it

That was the implication of assuming "there's more to it".

Funny though - gotta love 15 on 1.... that's pretty well the soccer fan mentality in a nutshell.

saint.nick

Coach
I can't believe a Wanderers fan tried to assault a player he supports...no wait, I take that back. I can believe it.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Wanderers are a product of their geographic audience. Nothing more. I'm honestly surprised Bankstown is still standing after all these years

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fans are great when things are going well but geez, look at them now