What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: 3 Board of Directors for StGeorge Leagues Club

Anonymous

Juniors
This on page 4 of the latest St George Leagues Club Journal:

Nominations for the Board of Directors

Nominations to fill 3 vacancies on the Board of Directors are invited and must be delivered to me [D. Robinson] no later than 5:00pm Friday, 27 February 2004.

Members are requested to note that the Ballot for Directors will be conducted at the club premises and will be open 10:00am to 8:00pm from Monday, 22 March to Thursday, 25 March 2004.

Nominations forms are obtainable on request and attention is drawn to article 47(a) which states Any two (2) full members of the Club may nominate any full member to be elected as a member of the Board.

Every such nomination shall be in writing and signed by both the nominators and by the nominee, who shall so signify consent to the nomination.

D. Robinson
Returning Officer

Anonymous

Juniors
No idea mate. Danny Robinson would know.
Probably just a matter of ringing up and asking. The Leagues Club have the money so its important to know whats going on.

Anonymous

Juniors
They did that before Denis but I don't believe they'll be having another go. Last time, even though they were never going to win the vote, they put in a damn good showing.
IMO, it was a contributing factor to making the board realise that Kogarah was on the agenda - that the Kogarah issue wasnt going to go away.

Willow said:
They did that before Denis but I don't believe they'll be having another go. Last time, even though they were never going to win the vote, they put in a damn good showing.
IMO, it was a contributing factor to making the board realise that Kogarah was on the agenda - that the Kogarah issue wasnt going to go away.

There's absolutely no doubt about that.

I'm glad R2K has decided to stay the course and continue to lobby on behalf of the fans and Kogarah instead of just putting their feet up after victory day.

I think running someone would be a good idea just to keep them in the picture and to keep the 'dragons brand' element on the board in line.

Anonymous

Juniors
The history continuation is also R2K policy. But there are already people at board level who want to see that happen... Robert Stone included. There's be a 'wait and see' approach, ie 'in the fullness of time' attititude, if you know what I mean. I thinks that OK because there things do happen overnight but when it does happen, it will be a fairly sudden push.

I agree that we need someone from left field just to keep the current crop on their toes. Its good for the long term.

Latest posts