What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WAR!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thats a big word for you midas. Probably best that we avoid references to any monkey business though. ;)

Why are the Americans mucking around with all this gorund ,air sea stuff. They have Nukes whats the hold up. Stop trying to protect the people of Iraq, pull out the Nukes

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The other Arab folk might have a word to say about that.
Anyone for 'glow in the dark' Falafels?

Well its seems the Arabs are already pissed off that it is happening, as many Europeansare and many others. Everbody seems pissed at the americans, so Nuke 'em then they can say the americans are being unreansonable with some justification.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"...so Nuke 'em then they can say the americans are being unreansonable with some justification."
Lol... ok.... I can see the logic. In fact, its too convincing to pass up on.

TheSaint

Juniors
The true enemies of World Freedom areFrance and Germany. Allways has been, allways will be.

Using Nukes is pretty much out of the question. Conventional War doesn't really exist anymore and the valuing of civilian lives among Western Nations pretty much rules out the use of such weapons. During World War Two, the Irony is that dropping the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki probably saved more lives int he long run.

The Biggest problem with Iraq isthat these people value their nationhood more then their own lives or quality of life. They may hate Saddam, but many hate the invaders more.

This war is small fry compared to what will eventuate between India and Pakistan.

imported_Beast

Juniors
Utter bullshit Saint,
The biggest threat to world freedom are the Yanks and their mismanagement of their super powers. The Yanks are hypocrites, but dangerous hypocrites because they do not realise the extent of their own ignorance.
For example I think we all acknowledge that George Bush is a fool, both globally and domestically, but he has seen fit to reimpose sanctions on Iran as of last few weeks..part of his Axis of Evil fraud. By doing this the Yanks are attempting to lay the groundwork for another front in their crusade in the Middle East..that being against the Iranian Shi'ite governement.
All this means is they will send over more Yanks to the Middle East and create more targets for the eventual terrorist and local resistance bodies.
The Yanks should pull their heads in and worry about the happenings in their own borders.

our destiny is a galactic war of unlimited violence and destruction. this irak war is for babies and childrun und if we wait long enugh it will be only babies and chidrun left fighting. if i was in charg i would send in the babies and childrun of all countries just to teach them the future where i um. its great here because we get to fight every day.
our troopers know real war. we scour the emptiness of space to hunt down our enemies - BUGS - the bugs want to destroy all of us but the rough necks always win - it is a long fight but there are no flies on us!
and theres no flies on this sadam hussane too. he is so smart that he even has a no fly zone.
its good to be back

C

CanadianSteve

Tonight the news is full of images of the statue of Saddam being pulled down in Baghdad, and of the Iraqi people there cheering and celebrating their new freedom from the dictator. It looks like the war has turned and is almost over, though some fighting still remains. Hopefully the US can manage the occupation well, get the country back on its feet, and hold on to the goodwill they seem to have with some Iraqis now

L

legend

I see OPEC won't let the price of oil fall too far though. They wan't to dramatically reduce production to prop up the oil price but they won't let it fall below $22.00 USD a barrell.

They are the real crims!

C

CanadianSteve

<br clear=left> <table cellspacing=4 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td></td></tr> <tr> <td bgcolor=#0066cc>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td class=date2>Apr. 10, 2003. 05:35AM</td></tr> <tr> <td>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr> <tr valign=top> <td> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width=175 align=right bgcolor=#ffffff border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td width=175> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=250 align=center bgcolor=#ffffff border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>
030410_irk_saddam_statue250.jpg
</td></tr> <tr> <td class=PhotoCredit align=right>JEROME DELAY/AP</td></tr> <tr> <td class=PhotoCaption align=left>An Iraqi watches yesterday as Marines mount the now-toppled statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad's Firdos or</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td width=175> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1 width=200 bgcolor=#0066cc border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=top> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=200 bgcolor=#ffffff border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td width=10 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif></td> <td class=navSectHed width=182 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif>RELATED LINKS</td> <td class=navSectHed2 width=3 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td class=navChev2 valign=top width=15> &gt;
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Iraq war special section</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186><a target=_top>Photo gallery</a></td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Dispatches from Star reporters abroad</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Video reports</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Today's developments</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Voices: Iraq invasion</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Al Jazeera English site</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>The BBC correspondents' blog</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Flash: War on Iraq</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186><a target=_top>Gallery: More photos</a></td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td width=175> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1 width=200 bgcolor=#0066cc border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=top> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=200 bgcolor=#ffffff border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td width=10 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif></td> <td class=navSectHed width=182 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif>BATTLE UPDATES</td> <td class=navSectHed2 width=3 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>U.S. bears down on Saddam's hometown</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Running battles rage in Baghdad</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Kurds, U.S. forces enter Kirkuk</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>UN role limited: Powell</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Bush addresses Iraqi people</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Marines fight Iraqis near palace</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td width=175> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1 width=200 bgcolor=#0066cc border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=top> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=200 bgcolor=#ffffff border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td width=10 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif></td> <td class=navSectHed width=182 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif>STAR CORRESPONDENTS</td> <td class=navSectHed2 width=3 background=/images/star/nav/Lnav_bg1.gif></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Martin Regg Cohn in Saudi Arabia</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Sandro Contenta in Iraq</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Linda Diebel in Washington</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Rosie DiManno in Jordan</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Mitch Potter on Iraq-Syria border</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=186>Olivia Ward in Israel</td> <td class=breakNews valign=top width=3></td></tr> <tr bgcolor=#ffffff height=4> <td colspan=3>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>Freedom reigns in Baghdad unbound
ROSIE DIMANNO
IN BAGHDAD
Liberation. Emancipation. And deliverance from evil. This is how freedom feels in Baghdad unbound: All giddy and delirious, a city intoxicated with joy. As if a great dam of yearning has burst, flooding the capital with rapture and merriment. They danced in the streets. They threw flowers at American troops. They set fire to the omnipresent portraits of President Saddam Hussein. And when Sgt. David Sutherland of Bravo Company, First Tank Battalion, 4th Marines, tied a thick chain noose around Saddam's neck — not the real Saddam, alas, but a colossal bronze version of the reviled dictator in Firdos Square downtown, the one where he resembles very much his hero Stalin — winching the cable to a tow-tank and yanking the statue off its pedestal, the throng of Iraqis gathered 'round squealed in delight. "DOWN SADDAM!" they hollered, "FALL SADDAM!" as the statue cracked at the knees, then slowly, ever so slowly, lurched face-forward, the president's outstretched hand now perpendicular to the ground in a most undignified prone position. With the crowd pelting stones at the image, some men even flinging their shoes at it, the tow-tank inched down a set of concrete steps, tightening the cable until finally the statue was dismembered and shredded. It was a symbolic, transcendent moment. It was history in the making. "This is our Iwo Jima," Sutherland crowed, as Baghdadis nearly smothered him to death with gratitude. "Man, I'm loving it." Like that statue, the Saddam Hussein regime is on its knees. If his hateful autocracy isn't quite finished yet, it's just hanging on by the breadth of a moustache hair. "I cannot express to you my happiness at this moment," said a tearful Shakir Ali Skhil Al Dilam. "This is like a dream come true. Almost all my life, I have waited for my country to be free of this bastard Saddam Hussein. I am 47 years old, but I feel like today I have been reborn. "Please, please, tell the Americans how thankful we are. I love America! And I think America must love us, too, to have done this. I am just sorry that so many American and British had to die in my country, so that we could be free. I hope, for all these martyrs, a place in paradise." But what of the Iraqi civilians, the women and children and elderly, who've been killed in the past three weeks? Al Dilam bows his head. "I am sorry for them. I feel pain in my heart for all these innocents who were killed. But they died because of Saddam Hussein. "This is the shame of Iraq. That so many people had to die, not just civilians but soldiers who had no choice but to fight. And for what? This is how it had to end. Iraq was never going to win this war." The war is not over, but it has climaxed. It crested here yesterday afternoon, with U.S. troops entering unopposed into the heart of Baghdad, taking firm control of the capital and welcomed as the liberators they'd always professed to be. The Americans got it right. Goddamn, they got it right. .......
</td></tr> <tr> <td bgcolor=#0066cc>
tts_spacer.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td></td></tr></tbody></table> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" bgcolor=#333399 border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=top align=middle bgcolor=#ffffff> <hr size=1> <center>FAQs| Site Map| Privacy Policy| Webmaster| Subscribe| My Subscription</center>
</td></tr></tbody></table> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" bgcolor=#333399 border=0> <tbody></tbody></table> <hr size=1> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" bgcolor=#333399 border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=top align=middle bgcolor=#ffffff> <center>Home| GTA| Business| Waymoresports| A&amp;E| Life</center>
</td></tr></tbody></table> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" bgcolor=#333399 border=0> <tbody></tbody></table> <hr size=1> Legal Notice:- Copyright 1996-2003. Toronto Star Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved. Distribution, transmission or republication of any material from www.thestar.com is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited. For information please contact us using our webmaster form.