What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARL Tooheys Cup Fixtures/Results 2010

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Pre season draw has been announced

27th March

South Perth v Joondalup
Kalamunda Canning v North Beach
Willagee v Rockingham
Fremantle v Goldfields & South West

10th April

South Perth v Kalamunda Canning
North Beach v Joondalup
Fremantle v Rockingham
Willagee v Goldfields & South West

17th April

Rockingham v South Perth
Kalamunda Canning v Fremantle
Joondalup v Willagee
North Beach v Goldfields & South West

bennySW

Juniors
Nice to see the WARL have been leaneant for the new kids on the block in Goldfields and South West.

Not only do they have their first 8 games in Perth but now all 3 preseason cup games are in Perth also.

bennySW

Juniors
JG,

I think the clubs (SW & Goldfield) both agreed for the 8 away game to start off the season - due to work and other committments, but the preseason games WARL could of had one of the three games in Kalgoorlie region & Bunbury Regions... thats just my point !!

Trying to expand the supporter base, marketing and media and taking it to the country.

We are the WARL not park football, simular to WAFL just the R replaces the F, as it stands for "R" Real Footy, not "F" fake footy.

cheers ..

joondalup_giant

Staff member
the only way the WARL compares 2 the WAFL is the similaritie in name as u pointed out, thats it.

WAFL clubs may be able to afford to travel to regional areas more then once a year but at a cost of around $3000 to send a side 2 Kalgoorlie most WARL clubs definitly could not.

bennySW

Juniors
Hay all us WARL Fans, Players, Supporters, Sponsors lets get a forum working well for results thru the 2010 PreSeason Competiton, and if it works well thru the regular season.

We all know the WARL website gets updated a year later (a little over exagerating but we all know what its like)

So I'll start it....

bennySW

Juniors
PRE-SEASON ROUND2 at Weber Reserve Willagee

Premier Grade.

Willagee Bears 16 - SW Warriors 42

First Grade.
Willagee Bears 24 - SW Warriors 48

joondalup_giant

Staff member
joondalup won both grades against wilagee

Reserve Grade 56 - 16
1st Grade 76-6

I believe North Beach beat goldfields 98-0?! i heard this from a friend who plays at the club, as the WARL for some reason havent put pre season scores on there website this is all i have 2 go off

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Tooheys Cup kicks off this weekend! should be a good round of footy

Fixtures for Saturday May 1. Kick off at 3.15pm

Willagee Bears v South Perth Lions - Webber Reserve, Willagee
Fremantle Roosters v North Beach Sea Eagles - Ken Allen Field, Hilton
Joondalup Giants v Goldfield Titans - Admiral Reserve, Heathridge
Rockingham Sharks v Kalamunda Bulldogs - Unirig (Lark Hill) Sportsplex, Port Kennedy

My picks are - South Perth, Fremantle, Joondalup & Kalamunda

Nuke

Staff member
Round 1 - Joondalup vs Goldfields / South West
Ladies (vs SW) Joondalup 94-0
Ressies (vs SW) South West 16-14
Firsts (vs Goldfields) Joondalup 82-22

albert

Juniors
Geez, I thought the Goldfields would have put in a better game.With all the hype I thought they were going to be a bit more competitive.looks like the South west warriors will go OK this year.

Swamp

Juniors
A big test for the Warriors this week as they are missing a fair few players. Pity the comp didn't start with the preseason!

Swamp

joondalup_giant

Staff member
results from the weekend

Willagee 12 - South Perth 82
Fremantle 42 - North Beach 28
Joondalup 80 - Goldfields 18
Rockingham 24 - Kalamunda Canning 26

j5o6hn

Juniors
Any one know how the Southern Sharks player who got hurt got on is he OK like to know