What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors ISP Cup 2017

Cold Roses

Juniors
Thought I'd start a thread where we can contribute about the reserves team. Some of these guys could be playing first grade sooner rather than later after all.

I think it was maybe Rhythm and Stealth? was intending to post about the games he went to. I'm really keen to get people's thoughts about the young guys coming through as it looks as if the games are going to be few and far between on Australian tv. Bit disappointed that the new Foxtel dedicated league channel seems like it is just going to be repeats of NRL games and endless Matty Johns replays.

Despite the weak opposition, I was impressed by the efforts of the forwards in their Rd 1 win over Newcastle.

They got up for their 3rd win in a row against Wests Tigers today, winning 36-0 at Campbelltown. Anyone go?

Rich102

Staff member
Good to know. I tried to find the game on Sky but it didn't seem to be covered.
(But then the NZ Athletics Championships on on this weekend and there is no coverage of that either.)
Thanks for the update Cold Roses.

jaseg

Juniors
It was against an awful Tigers roster... but good to hold them to nil regardless.

I was going to go but last night ended up being a big one - not sure I was good to drive...

Thought I'd start a thread where we can contribute about the reserves team. Some of these guys could be playing first grade sooner rather than later after all.

I think it was maybe Rhythm and Stealth? was intending to post about the games he went to. I'm really keen to get people's thoughts about the young guys coming through as it looks as if the games are going to be few and far between on Australian tv. Bit disappointed that the new Foxtel dedicated league channel seems like it is just going to be repeats of NRL games and endless Matty Johns replays.

Despite the weak opposition, I was impressed by the efforts of the forwards in their Rd 1 win over Newcastle.

They got up for their 3rd win in a row against Wests Tigers today, winning 36-0 at Campbelltown. Anyone go?

Yip i went

Cold Roses

Juniors
http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/03/21/_teams_roache_return.html

VODAFONE WARRIORS v ILLAWARRA STEELERS

WIN Stadium, Wollongong

3.00pm, Saturday, March 25

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

2 JUNIOR PAUGA

3 MATT ALLWOOD

4 BLAKE AYSHFORD

5 SEMISI FOTU

6 SAM COOK

7 MASON LINO (c)

8 JAMES GAVET

9 JAZZ TEVAGA

10 PATRICK SIPLEY

11 OFAHIKI OGDEN

12 ISAIAH PAPALI’I

13 JAMES BELL

Interchange:

14 NATHANIEL ROACHE

15 CHRIS SATAE

16 LIGI SAO

17 DANIEL PALAVI

18 PAULOS LATU

20 TEVIN ARONA

COACH | RICKY HENRY

Cold Roses

Juniors
Another win. 21-14. Sounded a bit scrappier this time on the live commentary I was listening in on.

Be interested to read R&S report on this one.

Leber

Bench
4/4. Cant't remember the last time any of our grades have had an unbeaten start to the season....ever.

Cold Roses

Juniors
4/4. Cant't remember the last time any of our grades have had an unbeaten start to the season....ever.

Leading into this season I was worried about our depth more than anything else. While we're still weak in some areas, it's definitely a positive that these guys are performing.

The bigger emphasis on the reserve grade over the under 20's is going to serve us well in the next few years I think.

Cold Roses

Juniors
And some interesting stats from last week vs Tigers.

CNK Runs-17 Metres-256
Pat Sipley Runs-15 Metres-178
Luigi Sao Runs-17 Metres-189

And just as important,
Sipley Post Contact Metres 65
Sao Post Contact Metres 56

While worth remembering that it was against an outgunned Tigers side, that's the sort of stuff we're looking for from the first graders.

And some interesting stats from last week vs Tigers.

CNK Runs-17 Metres-256
Pat Sipley Runs-15 Metres-178
Luigi Sao Runs-17 Metres-189

And just as important,
Sipley Post Contact Metres 65
Sao Post Contact Metres 56

While worth remembering that it was against an outgunned Tigers side, that's the sort of stuff we're looking for from the first graders.

Its up bro

Cold Roses

Juniors
http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/03/28/_isp_and_nyc_teams_n.html

NRL players Tuimoala Lolohea, Albert Vete and Bunty Afoa have all been named to start for the unbeaten Vodafone Warriors in their fifth-round Intrust Super Premiership clash against the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles at Mount Smart Stadium on Sunday (1.45pm kick-off).

Vete played 58 minutes for the Ricky Henry-coached side last week, making 138 metres from 15 runs plus 28 tackles in the 21-14 comeback victory over last year’s premiers the Illawarra Cutters.

Lolohea was named to start on the wing for the NRL team against St George Illawarra but finished up at standoff following Kieran Foran’s withdrawal in the warm-up.

Now he is listed to start on the wing for the ISP side, which leads the competition after four straight wins.

Afoa has been used at NRL level in the first four rounds of the season, both as a starting second rower and off the bench. He’s down to start in the second row in the ISP line-up this week.

The Vodafone Warriors face a Blacktown Workers side which is winless so far this year.

Meanwhile, 2017 NRL rookies Isaiah Papali’i and Erin Clark have been named to turn out for the Vodafone Junior Warriors in their NYC match against Gold Coast on Sunday.

INTRUST SUPER PREMIERSHIP

VODAFONE WARRIORS v BLACKTOWN WORKERS SEA EAGLES

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland

1.45pm, Sunday, April 2

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

2 JUNIOR PAUGA

3 MATT ALLWOOD

4 SEMISI FOTU

5 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA

6 TEVIN ARONA

7 MASON LINO (c)