Warriors to be sold?

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by cablenathan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

Very disappointing. From a perspective purely of who do I think the club needs the most, it's the ARL. The Warriors over the years have done a great job alienating them. And it looks like we have another encore performance here.

2. Diesel

Diesel First Grade

FWIW I think this is just a bump in the road. ARL will back.

From the article above...

The ARL wanted a 55 per cent shareholding in the club, with the rest of the ownership made up of three corporate partners with 15 per cent shareholding each.

"We're very, very disappointed. We spent a lot of time and money in our efforts and, yes we are
    very disappointed at this outcome. It wasn't what we were hoping for," McGregor told Radio Sport.

"We've indicated to the Warriors that we're open to negotiate with them at any.

3. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

Memo to the new owners.
    Forget buying has-been Kiwis, buy some Tongans and Fijians. Hell, even a Lebenese or two.

4. playdaball

playdaball Bench

I was thinking the same thing. Do they watch these games? If so sign some of these players

5. One Warrior

One Warrior Juniors

Take this how you want, but this has just been posted on the other site:

Been told the club has sold. The main investor is a real estate agent from the Waikato and the other is said to be former Warriors NSW player Zoram Watene's father. Meant to be an announcement on Wednesday. Take it with a pinch of salt especially after my last tip about the ARL buying it turned sour but my source is very close to the investors. Looks like Watson got his price as well...

The poster was Mt.Wellington.

6. ozbash

ozbash Accredited Media Releases

The poster was Mt.Wellington.

Usually pretty much on the money..

7. Philip_Smith007

Philip_Smith007 First Grade

How much money are real estate agents on now days????

8. ozbash

ozbash Accredited Media Releases

$$$$$ mega if your name is Ray White or Mike Pero..

9. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Seen what property values have done lately? RE companies get commissions and I’ll bet their percentages haven’t dropped so their incomes would’ve gone up considerably in that time

Philip_Smith007 likes this.
  10. Rich102

The rumor is not true!

11. Philip_Smith007

Philip_Smith007 First Grade

Wednesday is here.

12. One Warrior

One Warrior Juniors

Yeah the latest from Mt Wellington is that it is not a done deal yet, his words exactly are:
    "Spoke to my mate and he said it wasn't a done deal. Still in talks. Apologies for the false alarm..."

So yes back to waiting again!

13. Rich102

Common sense tells me that with poor on-field results, falling fan numbers and members and presumably a drop off in jersey sales no potential buyer is going to pay Watson's asking price. It will be a fire sale or nothing at this stage.

Plus the last thing the club needs at this stage is uncertainty over the future direction.

There will be a lot of hot-shot tyre kickers but the serious buyers will be waiting for the price to drop; and the nearer Watson gets to court the lower the price will get.

MKEB... likes this.
  14. Penrose Warrior

Penrose Warrior First Grade

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11991982

I get horribly uneasy when groups come in making brash statements, such as this group has made saying we can win a premiership by 2020, should make the finals every year etc.

We've seen it all before with the biggest in the southern hemisphere crap. I get it that you have to sell a vision and a marketing whiz and pop, but yeah....all the stadium experiences and NFL borrowings in the world aren't going to automatically get the right sort of players to come and play for us, nor coaches. And we all know we're f**ked without them, no matter what goes on in the back room.

So yeah, not excited.

15. Rich102

Timing is poor too.
    First do the deal then announce it.

16. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

Good lord no. The more I hear from these clowns the more frightening it sounds.

17. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

This is getting scary. They're talking about taking games to Vegas, LA, Hawaii and trading games with other NRL clubs to ensure they keep their 10 standard Mt Smart games.

And then there's the "We can find no reason why this won't be successful". Now that's either posturing or a flat out lie. There's always dozens of reasons why something may or may not work. At least he could have said "We realise there will be some significant challenges to overcome" to at least sound realistic about what they're attempting to do.

18. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear Bench

38-40 NRL players in Vegas, please make this happen, imagine the headlines we could read afterwards !!

Cold Roses and Philip_Smith007 like this.
  19. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear Bench

American millionaire Richard Fale nearly has a deal across the line to buy the Warriors, could be signed off next week, info from the mole

20. RHYTHM AND STEALTH

RHYTHM AND STEALTH Coach