What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors vs Referees

LeagueNut

First Grade
Okay, it's the off-season and I'm bored ... so here's some interesting stats I've uncovered for you all. These are our all-time winning percentages under the current referees:

Referee..............Overall............Home...........Away

Steve Lyons - Won 2/2, 100% (Home N/A, Away 2/2)

Matt Cecchin - Won 3/4, 75% (Home 3/4, Away N/A)

Shayne Hayne - Won 8/11, 73% (Home 4/5, Away 4/6)

Bill Harrigan - Won 12/20, 60% (Home 7/10, Away 5/10)

Steve Clark - Won 5/9, 56% (Home 3/5, Away 2/4)

Paul Simpkins - Won 11/23, 48% (Home 7/9, Away 4/14)

Tim Mander - Won 14/31, 45% (Home 7/13, Away 7/18 )

Sean Hampstead - Won 6/18, 33% (Home 6/12, Away 0/6)

There's certainly some interesting numbers among that lot. Let me know if I've missed anyone out, or if there's any particular referee's record you'd like to see!
This offer is for a limited time only and can be withdrawn without prior notification. (c)2004 LeagueNut Stats Limited

guten_targ

Juniors
Strewth mate..I believe we used to groan on about Hayne back in the day :shock: can't believe he's been good to us!!, Mein Gott even Cecchin...well I'll be :shock:

ozbash

Referee
i quite like shayne the payne,, he seems to go along alright untill the captains and players start questioning his decisions and he gets a bit anti and (dare i say it :shock: ),biased.

chechin is the new billy. he is developing his little man ego and getting his hair pretty just in time for kick off 2004. his aim is to appear in a nrl calender.

hampster = crap. he shouldnt have a whistle.

clarky ? = hot and cold, when he,s good he,s ok,, when he,s bad he is shite

lyons,,= isnt he that f%$#ing clown who did all he could to let manly win early on last season at brookvale v the warriors ?,, wouldnt pee on him if he was on fire !

mander = too old,senile,impotent,paranoid,mad.

we need some new refs,, this season will be catastrophic with a high number of games determined by refs cock ups..

you missed the vid refs nut :(

AliN

Live Update Team
Good stats Leaguenut, and like the others, Shayne Hayne the suntanned pain, is the surprising result.
Hampstead is so predictable.
And Mander tends to like geeing up the crowd at Ericsson.

Anonymous

Juniors
I hate Mander most. He f*cked us over so hard Vs the Eagles at Brookvale in 2002. I actually don't mind Hayne, I was cheering for him when he sent those Sharks tossers off last season.

LeagueNut

First Grade
AuckMel said:
What's our record under, Jadwatt?

Moghseen Jadwat - Won 6/10, 60% (Home 2/4, Away 4/6)

Some other little gems uncovered:

- No Warriors have ever been sent off at Ericsson, but we have had 8 send-offs in Australia.

- In 18 away games under Tim Mander we have received 119 penalties and conceded 110 ... but in 14 away games under Paul Simpkins we have received 88 penalties and conceded 117!!

- The "most unpopular referee at Ericsson" title should probably go to a nice little man named Eddie Ward - we had 5 matches with him at Ericsson, and lost each and every time!

Disclaimer: These stats, while completely accurate, are designed for entertainment use only and should not be used as an excuse to cause physical harm to any individuals ... unless of course you really really want to ...

da mad maori

Juniors
Here's one for you Leaguenut.Now you can make a couple of bucks on this one and
funnily enough there aint to many people out there who know about this.Up until 1993 there were 13 sets of brothers who donned the kiwi jersey together.But get this..At the 1957 world Cup in Brisbane,the Kiwi half-back was Sel Belsham.When the time came for the kiwi's to play Australia,the referee for that game was Sel's brother,Vic.In this age of neutral referees I dont think that feat will ever be challenged.Incidently Australia won that game 25-5.Would you like to know the 13 sets of brothers.I vaguely remember them bit will take a overnight to get my facts right.So,there ya go mate.

da mad maori

Juniors
ps....I should have also said,sets of brothers who played "Tests"for the Kiwi's.
B.W.No 1 Fan.Great effort my friend. :clap: :clap:

lolesi

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
I hate Mander most. He f*cked us over so hard Vs the Eagles at Brookvale in 2002. I actually don't mind Hayne, I was cheering for him when he sent those Sharks tossers off last season.

Yeah, was a great job he did that game...
Was a joke

da mad maori

Juniors
Trial games deserve the best referees.But the NRL should look at blooding new talent.And it would be a good occassion to blood some kiwi refs to do a trial game or two.I'm still available.!!!