What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne bennett's england

roughyedspud

Coach
A list of players invited to meet the new england boss this past weekend has been "leaked"

Alex Walmsley (St Helens)

Ben Currie (Warrington Wolves)

Ben Westwood (Warrington Wolves)

Brett Ferres (Leeds Rhinos)

Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves)

Dan Sarginson (Wigan Warriors)

Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves)

Dom Manfredi (Wigan Warriors)

George Williams (Wigan Warriors)

James Roby (St Helens)

Jermaine McGilvary (Huddersfield Giants)

Joe Greenwood (St Helens)

Joel Tomkins (Wigan Warriors)

John Bateman (Wigan Warriors)

Kallum Watkins (Leeds Rhinos)

Kevin Brown (Widnes Vikings)

Kyle Amor (St Helens)

Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield Giants)

Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors)

Luke Gale (Castleford Tigers)

Marc Sneyd (Hull FC)

Marck Percival (St Helens)

Matty Smith (Wigan Warriors)

Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos)

Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors)

Scott Taylor (Hull FC)

Sean O`Loughlin (Wigan Warriors)

Stefan Ratchford (Warrington Wolves)

Stevie Ward (Leeds Rhinos)

Tom Briscoe (Leeds Rhinos)

Zak Hardaker (Leeds Rhinos)

Then if you add the nrl based players

Sam,george & tom burgess
James graham
Josh hodgson
Elliot whitehead
Gareth widdop
Jack reed
Mike cooper
Trent hodgkinson*

Pretty strong group of players that imo

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Amor, Greenwood and Walmsley are bizarre to say the least. Where is McMeeken, Houghton and Liam Watts?

paulmac

Juniors
I wonder how many NRL players have an English parent or grandparent? Seems to me you could get a decent trial if you had England NRL vs England ESL match.The ESL players would have a point to prove,bit like QLD in early days of origin.

roughyedspud

Coach
Theres a fair few with english heritage.. trent hodkinson has a english mum or dad,the morris twins have english grandparents apparently...

I was watching matty johns show a few weeks ago and fletch & hindmarsh went to wherever hindmarsh is from and they turned up in nathans mums house.....im pretty sure she had a english accent?

roughyedspud

Coach
A quick google says some 36% of australians have english heritage,that probably goes back further than the parent & grandparent rule though...but still 36% is roughly 7million aussies

DiegoNT

First Grade
Theres a fair few with english heritage.. trent hodkinson has a english mum or dad,the morris twins have english grandparents apparently...

I was watching matty johns show a few weeks ago and fletch & hindmarsh went to wherever hindmarsh is from and they turned up in nathans mums house.....im pretty sure she had a english accent?

Hindys mum is Scottish i think

RoosTah

Juniors
A quick google says some 36% of australians have english heritage,that probably goes back further than the parent & grandparent rule though...but still 36% is roughly 7million aussies

True, but in terms of the demographic spread between the codes I reckon there'd be more blokes with English ancestry in the AFL percentage wise.

roughyedspud

Coach
Whos ian hindmarsh?

Oh nathans brother...no never played for england or GB...dunno where you got that from

Last edited:

paulmac

Juniors
DCE has English heritage,another player to throw into the mix.Unlikely to get his Origin or Kangaroos jersey back.

RedVee

First Grade
Talking up the Morris twins on c9 News advert just then....
They have played for Aust, frequently and recently.

Pom fans would be angry if the Morris twins were selected.

England can have a decent three quarter line without them:

Jermaine McGillvary, Jack Reed, Kallum Watkins, Ryan Hall/Tom Briscoe/Tom Johnstone

adamkungl

Immortal
Pom fans would be angry if the Morris twins were selected.

England can have a decent three quarter line without them:

Jermaine McGillvary, Jack Reed, Kallum Watkins, Ryan Hall/Tom Briscoe/Tom Johnstone

lol Jack Reed. Awful footballer.

So let me get this straight,it's OK for Australia to select Radradra but Ausssie fans would be up in arms if England chose either or both of the Morris twins?

It wasn't ok for Australia to select Radradra. Despite some clown fans and media thinking so.