What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne bennett's england

ed612313

Juniors
He now wants Chris Mcqueen!? Chris played a bit of Origin for Queensland but no way would be be good enough to make the English side? Or am i wrong?

roughyedspud

Coach
We have to be careful of passing steve mascords musing as " bennett wants x,y & z"

Mascord is chucking a load of darts in the air and hoping something sticks on a name hes pulled out of thin air!..

Trent hodkinson is the only confirmed name as we know he spoke to james graham about it when he was a bulldog..

Everyone else is mascord hearing the have english heritage then brain farting it out as fact....he has a history of doing this..

adamkungl

Immortal
They shouldn't bother either if their halves are Widderp and some Wigan plodder

George Williams, Matty Smith, Mark Sneyd, Richie Myler all look better than Widdop imo, and certainly better than Plodkinson.

jim_57

Staff member
Blake Austin could be as valuable to the England team as Wayne Bennett ever will be IMO. Lack of a world class half is really what has held England back in recent years.

If the heritage rule is there and Austin is keen England/Bennett would be insane not to pick him which then commits him to England for his career.

deal.with.it

Juniors
People shouldn't forget mcnamara selecting matty smith in the deciding match last year. His kicking game won it for England. He was able to continually split winger and fullback and find the grass.
He is a great defender and isn't scared to run the ball.

roughyedspud

Coach
Can i just proper state my position..and im gonna use "tier 1" & "tier 2" to get my position across....i know some hate it but its just easier to get the point across.

Im a huge advocate of the heritage rule,i think its vital for the growth of our sport..

I don't mind players from "tier 1" moving to "tier 2" as long as they can't move back..

No one who has played for a tier 1 team can play for another tier 1 team...ever,this is the RLIF stance...no one "moves sideways" is the term they used iirc.....personally,as a fan of the heritage law,i can't really be against a aussie who hasn't played for aus turning out for england...i wasn't keen on chase,fasavalu or heighinton but as the end of the day no rules where broken...

The morris twins have played for aus so thats a no

Mcqeen & lussick (lol) wouldn't dissplace any of our england forwards or reserve forwards

Hodkinson could be a useful addition especially if he teams up with widdop at st george...but im hearing that might not be happening now..

Anyone else put their hand up for england??

And as i said to nrl news on twitter,we don't need aussie rejects..

england beat nz 2-1 last year..had it been 3-0 we would have overtaken australia and gone 2nd in the RLIF rankings above australia who would have dropped to 3rd...also in the 2014 4 nations the only big 3 team that got a thumping off another big 3 team was australia losing 30-12 against NZ....england only lost by 2 points against NZ and a bent 4 points v australia,also its worth noting it was england pushing for the win in the dying seconds,we had a penalty 20m out,right infront of the posts against nz with 20seconds left,in a series we'd have kicked that to draw,and of course ryan halls finger nail in the last second,that would of drawn the game with a kick to come..and all thats away from home,down under!!

Like i said we don't need aussie rejects...we only need a better coach...and bennett needs to realise that!

Burns

First Grade
Really, none of these 'English' players would make the current English team. It's laughable to see people like Hodkinson think they can walk in.

adamkungl

Immortal
The thing is, Bennett might take the attitude that NRL players are inherently better than SL. This is how plodders like McQueen and Hodkinson are in the mix.

RedVee

First Grade
What Bennett hints at is not necessarily what he'll do. We just need to wait and see I guess.

Saying that, the Morris twins should not be eligible, most of the others would not be in the mix for the top 17 anyway, perhaps the thinking is that England is let down in squad depth ?
I dunno.

Latest posts