What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC news

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
The First Utility Super League qualification process has been confirmed for the six-team World Club Series in 2016.

The annual clash between the First Utility Super League and NRL Telstra Premiership will involve the First Utility Super League Champions, the First Utility Super League League Leaders Shield Winners and the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Winners.

The World Club Series will be hosted by First Utility Super League and played over three days from Friday February 19 to Sunday February 21, climaxing in the World Club Challenge to determine the world’s best Rugby League club.

If a Super League club was to win two of the three trophies this season then the third World Club Series place would go to the First Utility Super League runners up.
Following on from the success of the newly expanded competition in 2015 which saw a total of 51,902 people attended the three games the 2016 competition is sure to be a highlight of the season.

Super League General Manager Blake Solly said: “The 2015 World Club Series was a huge success and Super League is really looking forward to hosting an even better event next year.

“Not only did we have great crowds, especially the sell-out World Club Challenge at St Helens, we also had over a two million people watch the World Club Series matches and highlights on Sky Sports and the BBC. I’m sure with the world class entertainment that will be on show in 2016, that figure will only increase.” said Solly

The schedule and ticketing details will be announced later this year once the identity of the clubs involved is confirmed.

Source: Super League

Beaten gfinalists and the team that runs third I spoke. Hudds might get a game which would be good. In fact Leeds, Wigan and hudds could provide the biggest aggregate crowd possible, except for hull, but that's never going to happen.

alien

Referee
I thought every second year, it was going to be in Australia or NZ.

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
As a fan of a league winning side ive gotta say hull fc have massively under achieved in their history...

6 league titles & 3 challenge cups is woeful...we have 4 & 3 and we've not won owt in the top league for 60 years

deluded pom?

Coach
$5As a fan of a league winning side ive gotta say hull fc have massively under achieved in their history...

6 league titles & 3 challenge cups is woeful...we have 4 & 3 and we've not won owt in the top league for 60 years

Listen at her. "As a fan of a league winning side". Enjoy it while you can. It might be another sixty years until the next one.

Tigers1986

Juniors
With Leeds holding 2 of the 3 titles then you'd think they'll go with a contingency plan. Quite possibly give the nod to Hull KR as the runners-up.

If Leeds take out the premiership then you'd assume that that spot will go the runner-up as well.

I wonder who the other 2 NRL reps will be. I hope it's not by invitation like last year as that sucked. Brisbane, Cowboys and Roosters would be my suggestions (Grand finalists plus minor premiers) but it'll probably be Broncos/Cowboys, Dragons and Souths like this year.

deluded pom?

Coach
With Leeds holding 2 of the 3 titles then you'd think they'll go with a contingency plan. Quite possibly give the nod to Hull KR as the runners-up.

If Leeds take out the premiership then you'd assume that that spot will go the runner-up as well.

I wonder who the other 2 NRL reps will be. I hope it's not by invitation like last year as that sucked. Brisbane, Cowboys and Roosters would be my suggestions (Grand finalists plus minor premiers) but it'll probably be Broncos/Cowboys, Dragons and Souths like this year.

Hull KR :lol: They'd get slaughtered by the Knights let alone any of the top teams.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Hull KR :lol: They'd get slaughtered by the Knights let alone any of the top teams.

Most likely but they are the runners-up of the challenge cup, one of the qualifying criteria.

Ideally you'd take Leeds, Wigan and St Helens, as they are the 3 strongest SL sides.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Most likely but they are the runners-up of the challenge cup, one of the qualifying criteria.

Ideally you'd take Leeds, Wigan and St Helens, as they are the 3 strongest SL sides.

I suspect it will be on super8 league position (Leeds, Wigan, Hudds), unless saints win the GF, in which case Hudds would miss out. Since the latter have a remarkable track record of being terrible in big games (this morning, for example), that might not be a bad thing for the WCC concept