What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC news

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Think leeds will do north queensland too...

St helens on the other hand will get battered..

Leeds seem to be the least favourite club to win of the superleague sides according to the bookies. I'd be more confident with McGuire in the side but Lilley looked decent vs NZ. Not convinced Sutcliffe is fit

Harrigan

Juniors
Sutcliffe isn't fit at all and wouldn't have started last week had it not been for Falloon's injury. Now with McGuire getting injured they have no option but to play him. I think the plan was to ease him back in off the interchange for the first month or so. Remember before last week he had played 25 minutes of the Bulls trial game and that was his first footy since July.

roughyedspud

Coach
Erm....maybe leeds are in a slump....lol

Just got smashed by widnes...56pts they put on leeds..

I know leeds said last week that they won't get kev back to cover danny maguire.....but i reckon they must do now

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Widnes result doesn't mean a lot but Ablett and Briscoe are big losses. Potentially Singleton too? Still, pushes odds out further to $3.80 with betfair. They've been written off plenty before this mob

Last edited:

The Partisan

Aaaagghhh....anyone know the telecasting details here in Oz; particularly Brisbane ?

Can't seem to find info anywhere re the TV times ?

roughyedspud

Coach
Its in england again because the aussies won't step up and host it...

Leeds,wigan,warrington,st helens have all said they'd go down under..

Im gonna change my predictions btw...st helens get stuffed,leeds will lose and wigan are the only ones in with a shout imo

Tigers1986

Juniors
Roosters will do St Helens, Cowboys will belt Leeds, so it's up to Wigan to fly the English flag. If it's wet they should grind it out. 2-1 to the NRL this season.

NRL won't do the series in February because of the heat. 8pm kickoffs would counter that but w/e.

For those who a) don't have GEM or b) want to sleep in, Fox Sports are airing replays of St Helens/Sydney and Wigan/Brisbane at 12pm Saturday & 12pm Sunday, with the WCC itself replayed 8:30pm on Monday

It's a very simple concept to organise. Take the top 4 finishers from both leagues and make it an 8-team challenge. Alternate between England and Australia each year.
If we play it here it would have to be played in January, before the start of the Super League season and the Auckland 9s and the Indigenous Australians v NRL All stars game.

latingringo101

Juniors
The bottom line is that it's more profitable plus more $$$ for clubs participating in the UK rather than OZ. NRL had to fork out alot of $$$ to compensate for Wigan to come over here in 2014 and the reality was that the UK is the better option.

no name

Coach
If we play it here it would have to be played in January, before the start of the Super League season and the Auckland 9s and the Indigenous Australians v NRL All stars game.

Why couldn't they have it on this corresponding weekend?
There's lots of reasons why it shouldn't be held here, that isn't one.

Dakink

Bench
Damn! Didnt realise this was going to be on Gem this morning.. at least Ill get the second half. Teach me to read the thread properly...

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I could see Wigan taking the Broncos. It'll be close that's for sure.

Its in england again because the aussies won't step up and host it...

Leeds,wigan,warrington,st helens have all said they'd go down under..

Im gonna change my predictions btw...st helens get stuffed,leeds will lose and wigan are the only ones in with a shout imo

:lol:

Once again what we all knew has been highlighted, the gulf between the ESL and NRL is massive. Wigan couldn't handle the pressure defence and panicked massively. Let's not even get into Saints performance

If Wayne Bennett didn't realize the size of the task he had before he does now.
There is no strength in depth in British Rugby League. All British clubs it appears to me need to bring through more juniors and not just the few clubs who do now.

Chook Norris

First Grade
What? England walked the series against NZ with a dud coach, I will be genuinely surprised if they don't win the 4N and the World Cup with Bennett. These shit club sides mean nothing.

"These shit club sides" show a lot actually :?

It really demonstrates the considerable lack of depth in talent in English Rugby League and that when there's continual pressure applied, the sides crumble remarkably. Feels like countless games in the past decade where games have been close until the Aussie sides decide to play and the game blows out

Last edited: