What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC news

Evil Homer

Staff member
"These shit club sides" show a lot actually :?

It really demonstrates the considerable lack of depth in talent in English Rugby League and that when there's continual pressure applied, the sides crumble remarkably. Feels like countless games in the past decade where games have been close until the Aussie sides decide to play and the game blows out
No, they're just shit. They aren't good teams. Two of them were flogged last week by perennial ESL strugglers. Your points are valid and there have been plenty of times in the past where NRL teams have come over and beaten good British sides, but this isn't one of those times. All of these teams are in poor form and would've struggled against a majority of ESL sides. Salford ran up a bigger score against St Helens than the Roosters did last night.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I feel for Homer, I really do. As a Knights supporter I too felt Wayne was going to bring us instant success, turning the plodders we had into Premership winning players

Alas, reality kicked in and it will be the same for England too.

I get it though, it's nice to dream

Evil Homer

Staff member
I feel for Homer, I really do. As a Knights supporter I too felt Wayne was going to bring us instant success, turning the plodders we had into Premership winning players

Alas, reality kicked in and it will be the same for England too.

I get it though, it's nice to dream
I'm not an England supporter. England beat NZ in the autumn and competed in the last 4N with an absolute dud of a coach, it wouldn't take that much improvement for them to win the comp. It's not like a decade ago when the players were never exposed to a strong level of competition, most of the best English players play in the NRL and are stars in the NRL. The only thing holding them back was a fear factor against Southern Hemisphere teams and a lack of tactical nous, which Bennett's appointment will address. I will honestly be surprised if they don't win a comp under him.

langpark

First Grade
Well my point stands

It's been proven even Wayne can't polish a turd
You haven't proven sh** mate. You'll need to wait two years 'til you can say whether you're right on this or not.

No surprises in the WCC matches, but that does not change the fact that England's top 20 players still CAN compete with Aus and NZ. They do not have the depth Australia has, but they've always managed to muster a good national side. A bit like Qld in the 90s and early 2000's, nowhere near the depth of NSW but could always manage to put a side together of quality players and be competitive. I will not be writing England off, not for the 4 Nations nor for the WC and cannot wait to see what sort of footy they're gonna play under Bennett.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
England have been consistently running 3rd in the tourneys. The NZ side sent over there last year was massively understrength

Deny it all you want, it's the facts and Wayne will be pushing shit up hill to change it

deluded pom?

Coach
A warning for you Australians based in Sydney. Agent 2 1/2 ' spud is amongst you. Be wary of any Poms you see still wearing clothes that went out of fashion ten years ago. He'll talk in an accent that very few can decipher. Rumours are the Enigma machine was developed so the rest of the English speaking world could understand Oldham people. Your women will be perfectly safe though because he's not a looker by any stretch of the imagination and has the charm of a blunt instrument (see his last post on this thread). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

roughyedspud

Coach
Lol...yeah loving it..

Off to roosters v souths tomorrow...was supposed to go to manly last night but didn't make it off the wharf...ended up watching it in the wharf bar lol