What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve Got The Eels Today

wibble

Bench
Townsend was clearly the best on the field. Leutele, Feki and Fifita had strong games.

We still need a lot more from our spine. Townsend has carried the team attack wise for most the year, the rest need to contribute.

End was terrifying, bit of poor play, bit of bad luck, bit of desperation and hail Mary options from the Eels, but we were definitely the better team of the two. In 2016 our last 10 minutes was a strong point. It seems a real issue this year. Tonight we conceded 3 tries in 5 minutes, which is Raiders-esque.

We let the Eels and Panthers back in it, and really handed the Dragons both games in the last periods after competing most the rest. Having the injuries, especially with the bench reduced, doesn't help but it is a worrying thing.

On the plus side, that is three wins in a row for a team that can't take a trick with injuries. And for most of this game, and good chunks of the last two games, we actually looked good, not just desperate and gritty like our wins against the Storm and Eels earlier this year.

Our young fill in forwards have mostly stepped up to the mark, and some of our fringe or up and coming players like Ramien, Sorensen and Lee have been very good.

And even at our worst this year, we haven't really been thoroughly outplayed by any opposition (we competed in all our losses, though vs the Roosters only in general play, not on the scoreboard).

Craigshark

First Grade
Can we swap Moylan for Bird with the Broncos?

I’m starting to agree with Frenzy, the bloke dogs contact.

Pot Odds

Juniors
I’m upset that we swapped Maloney for Moylan but give him a bit of time there was signs tonite that he is getting better

I was happy that Maloney left one of our best in 2016 and one of our worst last year.I am not convinced about Moylan was crap last week and crap tonight,

Et#1_supporter

Juniors
For me Moylan looks slow and uninterested. Particularly slow.

Dillon is also a plodder.

But team went well for the usual 75 minutes

sandshark

Bench
By the sounds of it I was lucky that my internet decided to f**k itself so I could miss the second half.
2 points none-the-less.

MilkShark

First Grade
Lucky to get away with it.

Everyone knows I’m critical of Val and here I go again. He had a try assist and a good one at that. But it was off an inside ball that we have tried with him time and time again. We need to find him space better whilst Dugan is out injured.

He wasn’t there to stop the eels first try when he absolutely 100% should have been with no excuses. He showed zero urgency to get there. He should have been there with a beautiful cover tackle like we have seen so many great fullbacks do in the past.

He didn’t attack that bomb that went up in the first half. He should have been all over that but he sat back and let it bounce and hen let the team run it out our half without contributing.

He was hardly involved in that first half.

The 2nd half he tried to get more involved, the effort was there. I wouldn’t say he did anything amazing but he didn’t stuff up at least. Apart from that obstruction but I won’t hold it against him.

If he had had a great game I’d admit it but he wasn’t a stand out player in my eyes at all. And yet on the “other” forums they given him 3, 2 and 1’s saying he had a blinder. Do other people agree he had a blinder and stood out?

Or am I just that critical?

I give him a 5 maybe 6 out of 10. I rate him on his wage also, it means we need top performances more than twice every 2 years and his game today was not one of those by any means, in my eyes.

Card Shark

Immortal
Lucky to get away with it.

Everyone knows I’m critical of Val and here I go again. He had a try assist and a good one at that. But it was off an inside ball that we have tried with him time and time again. We need to find him space better whilst Dugan is out injured.

He wasn’t there to stop the eels first try when he absolutely 100% should have been with no excuses. He showed zero urgency to get there. He should have been there with a beautiful cover tackle like we have seen so many great fullbacks do in the past.

He didn’t attack that bomb that went up in the first half. He should have been all over that but he sat back and let it bounce and hen let the team run it out our half without contributing.

He was hardly involved in that first half.

The 2nd half he tried to get more involved, the effort was there. I wouldn’t say he did anything amazing but he didn’t stuff up at least. Apart from that obstruction but I won’t hold it against him.

If he had had a great game I’d admit it but he wasn’t a stand out player in my eyes at all. And yet on the “other” forums they given him 3, 2 and 1’s saying he had a blinder. Do other people agree he had a blinder and stood out?

Or am I just that critical?

I give him a 5 maybe 6 out of 10. I rate him on his wage also, it means we need top performances more than twice every 2 years and his game today was not one of those by any means, in my eyes.

That is a fair assessment, hysteria free.

He was nowhere near our best player but we went ok back at fullback.

He will be a lot better for that run.

island pro

Juniors
Again. He has been our best winger this year
He isn’t making his classic errors but his defence has not been great. Can blame his centre partner partly but way too much rushing in and getting caught in no mans land. I’d keep feki and swap Lee for Katoa. Just me.