What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are ashamed...We are still here

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
:lol:

Mate it's shame that great supporters like you get lumped in with these imbeciles.

This idiot, Rexxy and others have I'm afraid shown their true colours today and it's a sad reflection on your club as to the bitterness that still exists because of the merge.

You idiot. Its a refelction of them as individuals.

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
I do not see why any Melbourne Storm fan should feel ashamed certainly disappointed, they were taken for a ride as well by administrators at the club. I do not see why any fan should be harrassed for supporting a club. They merely support the club they do not enfore the policy that is chosen by the administrators of the club, there is not point for any supporters to take out their frustrations on the Storm faithful who support their club with their hard earned dollars

To the poster who's partner was accosted at a Maccas that is the lowest of the low and as a Rugby League supporter I am embarresed that anyone would stoop to that

To all the Melbourne Storm supporters, sure I like seeing you lot get beaten on the field but your club needs you more then ever. The people responsible for this crime against the great game of Rugby League will caught and dealt with.

Stick by your team!!

Storming Norman

Juniors
your scum club STOLE from US!!! We don't give a sh*t how you feel!! I hope they kick the SCUM OUT forever, your club does not deserve to take the field.

When did the 1999 be included in giving the premierships back to the NRL?

I keep coming to the Ted Whitten(An AFL legend), "We stick it right up them" comment.

I never thought that one of the Greatest AFL would be find my words for Sunday. Let stick it up to those 5+ pricks that has put my club is disgrace on Sunday.

I am gutted and disappointed and feel like I screwed over by a hooker that was HIV positive. Harsh I Know but that is how I feel, I just want justice from the police to catch these bastard who wrecked the heart out of me and the many supporter we have in Australia and around the world.

Feel like the Tinman from the Wizard of OZ. I have no heart. It has been broken

Jono1987

Juniors

You idiot. Its a refelction of them as individuals.

Don't bother Ronnie there's no hope. Souths fans seem to enjoy generalisations immensely. Wait there I go! Must be rubbing off on me. Two or three fans constitutes a majority according to esteemed individuals like Fein. Your constant pot shots are just as petty as the ones dished out by some Dragons fans you half-wit.

brooksy19

Bench
While I do kind of feel for the Melbourne fans, I reiterate what Fein was getting at: did they ever feel sorry for the fans of Wests, Souths, Illawarra (my own team) and Norths? Heck, even the Perth Reds (sacrificed by News Ltd along with Hunter to create the Storm)? The demise of these teams was directly linked to the incredibly unfair criterea that favoured teams drip-fed by News Ltd, and most especially the Storm, who were added to the competition with their unfair advantage after it had already been announced that teams would be culled at the end of 1998, meaning one less spot available for those teams which had to stand or fall on their own two feet.

Did you shed a tear for us? If not, then why the f**k should we shed a tear for you?

Nothing is worse than losing your team.

(And before someone brings it up, Illawarra got f**k all out the so-called joint venture. I decided to follow the Dragons because of the tenuous link to the Steelers that remains and because I love Rugby League and couldn't bring myself to follow another team.)

Well said.

I will never forget what these News pricks did to my club, as well as Wests, North Sydney, St George, Illawarra and South Sydney.. most of these clubs had 90 odd years of tradition, that was thrown away in favour of installing a transplant 'franchise' down south that all along was cheating the game and it's supporters.. Was the 15000k core supporters we got down there worth throwing away all that tradition ... and who nows how many supporters we lost forever in 1998-2000.

sting

Bench
A couple of things to address here.

Firstly to Dani who is claiming her partner got assaulted at cremorne macas.

I call bullsh*t. A mates sis works there and was there last night in the time before you posted and i just asked her on fb chat if she saw anything there and she didn't.
Secondly, if he borrowed the car, wouldn't he have just used drive through? Especially if he was picking up dinner for the both of you. Would have been much easier yea? I think you're lying.

I can see what you're doing though. Trying to get sympathy. Trying to make it seem like storm fans are the victims. I'm sorry but you're not.

I have thought about this and it is impossible to have any sympathy for the storm fans. The reason is simple. Sure you guys are hurting now, but you have had the good times too. Good times that you did not deserve.

You guys have got to experience the happiness of winning a premiership that rabbits, saints, eels, etc fans haven't had for a long time, if ever! Feelings that sharks fans have never felt and probably never well. Bears fans, etc the list can go on.

And while you were enjoying your tainted wins? fans of other teams absolutely gutted.

look at parra fans last year. and every team you beat before them.
look at the sharks who your illegal team knocked out at the last hurdle. robbing them of a shot they haven't had in years. Even as a saints fan i was hoping the sharks would get there. but no, your cheating robbed them and their poor, loyal, long suffering fans of that.

the teams you knocked out on the way to 07. Hell, we all hate manly but they shoud have gone back to back!

and 06. I was f**king gutted when you knocked st george out. and for what, to go on to lose to the broncos, a team we'd beaten 3 times that year convincingly. robbed us of the chance with your side created from lies.

you guys all got to experience highs and emotions that weren't meant for you. stealing that feeling of the 60 year old sharks supporter with a tear in his eye, never having seen his team win.

the storm are nothing but cheating scum. they always have been.

i wish instead of banning them from earning points this year, they suspended all the players who knowingly took extra payments, reduce them to 0 competition points and let them play with a sh*t team.

how many storm fans would support them through mediocracy?

so yeah, this must be so sh*t for you guys now and that sucks, but whatever. there's fans of 15 other clubs out there who have all been wronged by your club at some point. my sympathy is with them.

little_aza

Juniors
What you say hurts Sting. But some of it is true, nonetheless. I feel very sorry for Parra fans, as 2009 should've been your fairytale year.

Eels Dude

Coach
I do not see why any Melbourne Storm fan should feel ashamed certainly disappointed, they were taken for a ride as well by administrators at the club. I do not see why any fan should be harrassed for supporting a club. They merely support the club they do not enfore the policy that is chosen by the administrators of the club, there is not point for any supporters to take out their frustrations on the Storm faithful who support their club with their hard earned dollars

I don't think they should BE ashamed either, but I certainly understand why a Storm fan would FEEL ashamed. They're associated with a club that has had it's reputation tarnished forever. I'd certainly feel ashamed if it were the Eels as I put my heart and soul into supporting the club and if I found out they were cheating I'd be hanging my head because the club I believe in turned out to be a lie.

This Year?

Immortal
A couple of things to address here.

Firstly to Dani who is claiming her partner got assaulted at cremorne macas.

I call bullsh*t. A mates sis works there and was there last night in the time before you posted and i just asked her on fb chat if she saw anything there and she didn't.
Secondly, if he borrowed the car, wouldn't he have just used drive through? Especially if he was picking up dinner for the both of you. Would have been much easier yea? I think you're lying.

I can see what you're doing though. Trying to get sympathy. Trying to make it seem like storm fans are the victims. I'm sorry but you're not.

I have thought about this and it is impossible to have any sympathy for the storm fans. The reason is simple. Sure you guys are hurting now, but you have had the good times too. Good times that you did not deserve.

You guys have got to experience the happiness of winning a premiership that rabbits, saints, eels, etc fans haven't had for a long time, if ever! Feelings that sharks fans have never felt and probably never well. Bears fans, etc the list can go on.

And while you were enjoying your tainted wins? fans of other teams absolutely gutted.

look at parra fans last year. and every team you beat before them.
look at the sharks who your illegal team knocked out at the last hurdle. robbing them of a shot they haven't had in years. Even as a saints fan i was hoping the sharks would get there. but no, your cheating robbed them and their poor, loyal, long suffering fans of that.

the teams you knocked out on the way to 07. Hell, we all hate manly but they shoud have gone back to back!

and 06. I was f**king gutted when you knocked st george out. and for what, to go on to lose to the broncos, a team we'd beaten 3 times that year convincingly. robbed us of the chance with your side created from lies.

you guys all got to experience highs and emotions that weren't meant for you. stealing that feeling of the 60 year old sharks supporter with a tear in his eye, never having seen his team win.

the storm are nothing but cheating scum. they always have been.

i wish instead of banning them from earning points this year, they suspended all the players who knowingly took extra payments, reduce them to 0 competition points and let them play with a sh*t team.

how many storm fans would support them through mediocracy?

so yeah, this must be so sh*t for you guys now and that sucks, but whatever. there's fans of 15 other clubs out there who have all been wronged by your club at some point. my sympathy is with them.

I don't think the Storm even deserve to field a footy team. The club decieved their fans and the entire league all for some on field success. I hope they fold.

**EDIT** In doing what the Storm have done, they have not only tarnished their own club but the entire sport. I for one will never forgive them for that, just like the Bulldogs have done.

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
That post by Sting was f**ken epic.

I agree 100%

Go back through all the game day threads and see the cheating Storm Supporters at their gloating greatest.

They deserve it.

Everyone f**ken knew something odd was going on. And the evidence finally came out to prove it.

Charlie124

First Grade
I think its a bit harsh to have a dig at the fans in all this, especially since they themselves couldnt possibly have known that their club was cheating all the way along. Its not the kid in the stands fault that the team he loves is run by 'rats in the ranks'. The fans turn up every week to cheer for their favourite players and the rest is politics that they couldnt care less about.

How would it feel for you if one day this bombshell was dropped about your clubs administration?? should you then be the target of ridicule just because you supported a team in the good faith that they were doing the right thing?

The fans are not to blame. They must be doing it tough after following the team through some great years only to find that management was cheating the system all the way through. I hope Storm fans stay strong and continue to support their team.....

but, on an NRL forum or at the footy or in the pub the fans are fair game lol. Expect to cop some sh*t and cop it on the chin. The amount of Storm fans talking of dynasty or giving themselves team of the decade accolades must now take what they dished out. The Storm as a team and a club will be back and the fans will enjoy success again. For now, stay strong and enjoy the spoon.

nqcowboy87

Bench

exactly right, anybody who was knwoingly invovled needs to be hung dried and quartered, but its a bit harsh you calling out their fans

The fans are not to blame. They must be doing it tough after following the team through some great years only to find that management was cheating the system all the way through. I hope Storm fans stay strong and continue to support their team.....

but, on an NRL forum or at the footy or in the pub the fans are fair game lol. Expect to cop some sh*t and cop it on the chin. The amount of Storm fans talking of dynasty or giving themselves team of the decade accolades must now take what they dished out. The Storm as a team and a club will be back and the fans will enjoy success again. For now, stay strong and enjoy the spoon.

Good post...agree with your comments. Happy to cop it and will be there until the end.

Latest posts