What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)

I never mentioned a thing about his game yesterday, i didn't watch it. Sounds like he played well.

I'm just stirring Umina because he said he was an above average defender for a half... based on one tackle.
Obviously as a fan of the bloke I've been watching every Sharks game. My comment is based on far more than 1 tackle, he's been doing very well. Which is funny because the major excuse people used for him not playing 6 is that he'd never be able to handle defending in the line.

mxlegend99

Referee
I never mentioned a thing about his game yesterday, i didn't watch it. Sounds like he played well.

I'm just stirring Umina because he said he was an above average defender for a half... based on one tackle.
Have you seen the halves running around these days? Calling him above average defensively for a half isnt really a wrap considering the standard of defence by halves.

franklin2323

Immortal
Completely agree.

That's almost word for word what was said about us and shot down with "there are no easy games". The simple fact is a few people on here are the only people in the league community that think that.

None of the games were easy though. Especially the game they won 10-9, Had Parra miss a kick on the bell to win. They just didn't play teams in good form it always even's itself out in the end

A bit surprised to see Jimmy pick up 2 points. I thought Cleary shaded him on the night. Peachey also gave the Dragons serious headaches. Yeo with 3 was a good choice.
Yeah I had DWZ ahead of Jimmy too. The Dally M voting is rarely right, Moylan probably didn't deserve 3 points last week either.

Personally id like every player rated out of 10 every game to pick the player of the year but I guess that's all too much work for the NRL

OldPanther

Coach
A bit surprised to see Jimmy pick up 2 points. I thought Cleary shaded him on the night. Peachey also gave the Dragons serious headaches. Yeo with 3 was a good choice.

Yeah I had DWZ ahead of Jimmy too. The Dally M voting is rarely right, Moylan probably didn't deserve 3 points last week either.

Personally id like every player rated out of 10 every game to pick the player of the year but I guess that's all too much work for the NRL

RTS got a point over half the Souffs team. Dally M is f**ked.

Kilkenny

Coach
Toss of the coin between DWZ & Yeo for the three points and yes probably one of the halves for the one point. There is serious issues with the Dally M and the game probably needs to do something to reestablish credibility in the award.

tripster

Juniors
Toss of the coin between DWZ & Yeo for the three points and yes probably one of the halves for the one point. There is serious issues with the Dally M and the game probably needs to do something to reestablish credibility in the award.

Completely agree. The ratings often defy commonsense.

It could be replaced entirely with a statistics based measure, or even a weighted statistics / subjective assessment. At the moment it is a completely subjective, non-transparent and often baffling measure.

franklin2323

Immortal
Completely agree. The ratings often defy commonsense.

It could be replaced entirely with a statistics based measure, or even a weighted statistics / subjective assessment. At the moment it is a completely subjective, non-transparent and often baffling measure.

They have to watch the game live and have only an hour to do so. Makes it hard to to do on the run. I often miss stuff until I watch it again

tripster

Juniors
They have to watch the game live and have only an hour to do so. Makes it hard to to do on the run. I often miss stuff until I watch it again

All the more reason to modify how it is done. Perhaps 50% from subjective assessments from a live watch (as it is done now) plus 50% from an agreed system of objective statistical measures.

unKwn

Juniors
Lol the dally m is so f**ked. Anyone who wants to argue otherwise can just be told to look at Ruan sims' blunder few weeks ago.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I thought the points were spot on. Maloney was superb.

Pomoz

Bench
I hate the title of this thread BTW. It sets as up for a fall and seems arrogant. I know the posts have been quite reserved but it is just tempting fate and getting other fanse ready to dust off their best schadenfreude quotes.

I hate the title of this thread BTW. It sets as up for a fall and seems arrogant. I know the posts have been quite reserved but it is just tempting fate and getting other fanse ready to dust off their best schadenfreude quotes.
Stop being a coward. Only Melbourne or Sharks can stop us

GongPanther

Referee

Agree 100%.

"The proof of the puddin',is in the eating" as the old saying goes,and there is no sign of arrogance anywhere in this or any thread I've read at this time of writing. Hopefully this trend continues as historically,we have been pretty much level-headed about our position on the ladder.

And most importanly,we are around the half way mark in the comp. Such a long road yet to travel.

Latest posts