What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)

Fangs

Coach
Easy up Jose, Penrith are playing great and deserve favoritism but you still have one big hurdle to jump and that’s a fast improving Souths.

Play like Penrith, just not quite as good.

Plus we have super coach Griffin in our corner.

tripster

Juniors
Sharks are about to move into 4th.

So we will have beaten 2 of the other top 4 teams. Sharks are really looking like they are hitting a groove too, and won’t be affected by Origin this year either.

Abacus

Juniors
In the thread on where we would finish half the die hards insisted our roster wasn't top 4 material.

Thats before injuries. We have had a couple of great performances. But played some very average footy with a depleted roster and won still.

Last nights performance was terrific. Best in a long time.
Yep, credit to the coaching staff for getting this squad playing as well as they have this season - particularly our second halves.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Also the year we brought in Brandy to help out more. Plus the reports of Gus’ involvement.

Not saying Griffin doesn’t deserve a heap of credit, but he’s not an offensive tactician.

We brought in Brandy to help Cleary/Moylan. To rookie halves. He was coaching them how to be NRL level play makers, not coaching the entire team.

We brought in Brandy to help Cleary/Moylan. To rookie halves. He was coaching them how to be NRL level play makers, not coaching the entire team.

Yes, and?

You seem to be looking for an argument. I was talking about our improvement in attack specifically, something the halves are largely responsible for.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yes, and?

You seem to be looking for an argument. I was talking about our improvement in attack specifically, something the halves are largely responsible for.

That was last season, Brandy hasn’t been coaching this season, Maloney runs the Halves coaching.

Brandy I believe works a bit with Nathan on kicking.

My argument is, Our players had more to do with our poor attack then Hooks inability to coach.

franklin2323

Immortal
That was last season, Brandy hasn’t been coaching this season, Maloney runs the Halves coaching.

My argument is, Our players had more to do with our poor attack then Hooks inability to coach.

All that has really changed is experience. Guys like RCG, Katoa and Kikau got plenty from the World Cup. So we would of been better without Maloney. Maloney gives us that proven match winner in the halves.

That was my point all along the coach is a small part of the whole package

Brandy was working with Cleary right up until the end of last season, I think it’s ressonable to suggest he’s helped our attack this year. What you learn in the past stays with you.

I disagree on your last point though, Hooks record of coaching attack was bad at the broncos too. It was widely considered his weakness among Broncos fans, and I think it showed up tactically here too.

mxlegend99

Referee
A week ago we had not played any top 4 teams. This week we've played them all and won 2 from 3.

Ridiculous how much Sharks snd Souths have improved. Dragons were the benchmark a few weeks back. Now we're looking at Sharks and Souths as our biggest challenges.

Could you imagine if we faced Sharks in the finals? Moylan or Maloney would be breaking the hearts of former fans if we did.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Brandy was working with Cleary right up until the end of last season, I think it’s ressonable to suggest he’s helped our attack this year. What you learn in the past stays with you.

I disagree on your last point though, Hooks record of coaching attack was bad at the broncos too. It was widely considered his weakness among Broncos fans, and I think it showed up tactically here too.

Ok, I don’t mind if you disagree.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
A week ago we had not played any top 4 teams. This week we've played them all and won 2 from 3.

Ridiculous how much Sharks snd Souths have improved. Dragons were the benchmark a few weeks back. Now we're looking at Sharks and Souths as our biggest challenges.

Could you imagine if we faced Sharks in the finals? Moylan or Maloney would be breaking the hearts of former fans if we did.

Moylan would “Do a hammy” prior to the game. He’s not tough enough to take on the Panther pack. Imagine Kikau running at him! He’d shit himself.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan would “Do a hammy” prior to the game. He’s not tough enough to take on the Panther pack. Imagine Kikau running at him! He’d shit himself.
Like he did against us recently?

Moylan is weak as f**k physically but is really strong at copping punishment. Gets annihilated and bounces back to his feet immediately.

His defence at 6 is pretty good too. Not the best. But far from the worst. No more likely to concede a try than Jimmy.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Like he did against us recently?

Moylan is weak as f**k physically but is really strong at copping punishment. Gets annihilated and bounces back to his feet immediately.

His defence at 6 is pretty good too. Not the best. But far from the worst. No more likely to concede a try than Jimmy.

We are a much different Team now, compared to then. If we meet them in the Finals, it will be after half a season of Moylan watching us Maul teams. He won’t like that.

mxlegend99

Referee
We are a much different Team now, compared to then. If we meet them in the Finals, it will be after half a season of Moylan watching us Maul teams. He won’t like that.
So are Sharks though.

They were a joke when we played them. They have put themselves in the top 4 since.

I think it would be a f**king epic clash if we are both in form.