What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)

Kilkenny

Coach
Too much can happen between now and semi finals.

Let’s just take each game as it comes, get through the origin period, get players back and minimise further injuries.

I’ll be overjoyed if we can finish in the top four.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So are Sharks though.

They were a joke when we played them. They have put themselves in the top 4 since.

I think it would be a f**king epic clash if we are both in form.

I don’t think the Sharks are playing that great. I’m more worried about Souths, the Chooks and Storm.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don’t think the Sharks are playing that great. I’m more worried about Souths, the Chooks and Storm.
I didnt rate them a few weeks back. But ontop of beating us they're on a 6 game winning streak.

Moylan finding a bit of form. They're a dangerous side. Very similar to us in the way they have just casually racked up wins without looking terrific and having a few injuries.

Its still early days. Both teams could turn to shit or get 10 times better before the seasons over.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our longest and most bitter rival has shown it's head. It goes by the name expectation:

It was always going to happen but we had a similar game in 2016 with most our team to play Origin and played shit and lost. Last night shows how far we have come

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I didnt rate them a few weeks back. But ontop of beating us they're on a 6 game winning streak.

Moylan finding a bit of form. They're a dangerous side. Very similar to us in the way they have just casually racked up wins without looking terrific and having a few injuries.

Its still early days. Both teams could turn to shit or get 10 times better before the seasons over.

The Knights defence today was God awful, they let Moylan play touch footy.

The good sides won’t allow him to do that.

tripster

Juniors
If the last two seasons are anything to go by, winning 16 games will guarantee us a top 4 position. That would mean we can drop 5 of our remaining games. There might be a risk of that with a potential Origin hangover for us this year, but we are now $1.50 to get there.

Can we all start lobbying the NRL to allow us to play our home final at home, rather than at ANZ? The home final in 2003 at Penrith was immense, and I find it complete bullshit that we get, in effect, no advantage from finishing 1st or 2nd, if that happens.

We could, for example, end up finishing ahead of the Rabbitohs but play them at ANZ. Some advantage that would be...

tripster

Juniors
No chance of that happening. At least next year we'll be allowed to play our home final at Parramatta.

It is a complete joke. The theory presumably is that Penrith stadium cannot accomodate enough people, but the typical crowds for the past few seasons haven’t borne that out.

For example, last season, in the first final we played against Manly at Allianz, the Crowd was 15,480 (supposedly a Manly home game).

Even the Roosters v Broncos (admittedly an out of town team) only drew 21,212.

If we end up playing the Storm in week 1 of the finals, it’ll be a bloody ghost town. I could see an embarrassing crowd of less than 15,000 if it is at ANZ.

There at least should be some dispensation that allows us, if it is against a non-Sydney team, to play at Penrith.

franklin2323

Immortal
It is a complete joke. The theory presumably is that Penrith stadium cannot accomodate enough people, but the typical crowds for the past few seasons haven’t borne that out.

For example, last season, in the first final we played against Manly at Allianz, the Crowd was 15,480 (supposedly a Manly home game).

Even the Roosters v Broncos (admittedly an out of town team) only drew 21,212.

If we end up playing the Storm in week 1 of the finals, it’ll be a bloody ghost town. I could see an embarrassing crowd of less than 15,000 if it is at ANZ.

There at least should be some dispensation that allows us, if it is against a non-Sydney team, to play at Penrith.

Penrith are regional. We should be allowed to use Penrith Stadium for that reason alone

martielang

Bench
On the Sharks line and Matty belted him and he dropped the ball. His lack of speed at fullback was always his issue in defence

But what about the one where Yeo walked over him & scored? You & my mrs would get on well, hopefully not too well, you both have very selective memories.

If the last two seasons are anything to go by, winning 16 games will guarantee us a top 4 position. That would mean we can drop 5 of our remaining games. There might be a risk of that with a potential Origin hangover for us this year, but we are now $1.50 to get there.

Can we all start lobbying the NRL to allow us to play our home final at home, rather than at ANZ? The home final in 2003 at Penrith was immense, and I find it complete bullshit that we get, in effect, no advantage from finishing 1st or 2nd, if that happens.

We could, for example, end up finishing ahead of the Rabbitohs but play them at ANZ. Some advantage that would be...

There’s just no chance of that happening.

if we get a home game against the bunnies it’ll likely be at Allianz, not ANZ. Just like the bulldogs situation in 2016.