What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE HAVE NO SPEED

Old Timer

Coach
Don't agree,
Because Nightingale get picked for most possibly the worst NZ team ever picked.On an extended bench I might add..That O.T.. Doesn't qualify him for our team..
By hanging round, He's just stopping our young guns progressing..
A bit trigger happy you be as you obviously misinterpreted my post which was merely a reality check for the pro Nighty people
I am no advocate for Nighty playing 1st grade for our club.

BBTB

Juniors
A bit trigger happy you be as you obviously misinterpreted my post which was merely a reality check for the pro Nighty people
I am no advocate for Nighty playing 1st grade for our club.
By the way , I had to change my handle..& I'm not Vas..formly known as "QDF".

Old Timer

Coach
Poor old Nighty's the 2018 whipping boy before a ball's even been kicked!
In fairness he was getting well and truly roasted last year as well.
I think people expressing an opinion that it is well and truly time for him to go is a fair bit different to being the whipping boy.
Matt Dufty and Cam Mc Innes would be odds on for the whipping boy job if the season goes pear shape.

Walpole

Juniors
I think people expressing an opinion that it is well and truly time for him to go is a fair bit different to being the whipping boy.
Matt Dufty and Cam Mc Innes would be odds on for the whipping boy job if the season goes pear shape.
Those two will certainly cop it, as will Widdop, Graham and Hunt. It's probably easier to name the blokes who won't be abused on a weekly basis.

Tyson Frizzell...

slippery5

Juniors
Example
Nightingale 108 tries in 10 NRL years.

V

Mat Rogers 107 tries in 11 NRL years and had easy more pace than Flo, pace isn't everything.

Flo has something more important HEART.
Not sure of the answer but possibly he played in teams that weren't final contenders as often, or without a potent backline as Nighty had the luxury playing outside Gaz, sure he played outside E.T but E.T usually didn't need his winger to finish them off.
Just a thought but stats mean little when observation is obvious.

Crush

Coach
It'll be nice to be able to give it to someone other than McCrone for a change. Oh there is still Lafai though, he's always good for a whipping.

Saintsified

Bench
it's pretty funny, isn't it... people on here are always whinging and complaining that we can't get quality players, can't keep good players etc etc..

and yet if we were talking about attracting from another club an incumbent test winger, who was the team's leading try scorer (and to finish top 6 tryscorers out of 400 top grade players in the NRL isn't too bad either..) who can also play fullback, we'd be creaming ourselves at the thought of getting him..

TBH i believe that BBTB is just trolling, so i wouldn't get too riled up about him..

either that or he's actually a junior winger for the dragons who can't get a spot based on merit...
Spot on, i really don'y know what or why Nightingale needs to be justified by us who like him and value him or by the man himself...the guy rocks the NRL....just ask Gould and Rabbits, they love him too.

BBTB

Juniors
Spot on, i really don'y know what or why Nightingale needs to be justified by us who like him and value him or by the man himself...the guy rocks the NRL....just ask Gould and Rabbits, they love him too.
Because Nightingale is a liability...he not fast enough..
He's got no SPEED & opposition wingers run around him.The tries we don't score are missed opportunities gone begging..
Who many times& how many people have to tell u two knuckleheads before it sinks in.

Saintsified

Bench
Because Nightingale is a liability...he not fast enough..
He's got no SPEED & opposition wingers run around him.The tries we don't score are missed opportunities gone begging..
Who many times& how many people have to tell u two knuckleheads before it sinks in.
Versus

Leading try scorer, still an international, top 6 try scorers in the NRL, means he is at the top of his game....what dont you understand about him still being top notch?.

We sack him Bellamy will pick him up or worse Wayne for the Broncos and will play even better in a better team, he wont retire cause you want him too, he will retire when he thinks he cant compete anymore, clearly he thinks he can and is, he isnt a selfish guy and will move along when he is done, but you push him out he will just go to another club and tear it up just like he STILL does for us.

possm

Coach
Versus

Leading try scorer, still an international, top 6 try scorers in the NRL, means he is at the top of his game....what dont you understand about him still being top notch?.

We sack him Bellamy will pick him up or worse Wayne for the Broncos and will play even better in a better team, he wont retire cause you want him too, he will retire when he thinks he cant compete anymore, clearly he thinks he can and is, he isnt a selfish guy and will move along when he is done, but you push him out he will just go to another club and tear it up just like he STILL does for us.
The Club was good enough to give Nightingale a salary for 2018 in respect for his loyal service and great contribution over the years. That should be where the kindness and gratitude ends. The left witng should go to Mann and the right wing go to a winger on form out of Nightingale, Macdonald and one of our reserve grade budding outside backs.

Saintsified

Bench
The Club was good enough to give Nightingale a salary for 2018 in respect for his loyal service and great contribution over the years. That should be where the kindness and gratitude ends. The left witng should go to Mann and the right wing go to a winger on form out of Nightingale, Macdonald and one of our reserve grade budding outside backs.
I agree about form, based on current form, Nightingale is it.

BennyV

Referee
Versus

No chance Bellamy picks him over Ado-Carr or Vunivalu, and no chance Bennett picks him over Oates or Kahu. In fact, I'm hard pushed thinking of a Top 8 side that he'd slot straight into the starting line of...

Life's Good

Coach
Over the last couple of months I have swung from Nighty is untouchable to now thinking he has a fight on his hands. Not in question are his past deeds nor his undying commitment to the club but time doesn’t stand still. If the club is serious about backing juniors to FG then Nighty & Nene have to perform or else(also applies to Lafai & Aitken).

Life's Good

Coach
yes its a discgrace to the heart and soul of our team im over it, have some respect or your not real fans...NENE was he dud last season not Nighty
Now now, real fans are those that wish to see the best for the club. If that means a clash of opinions so be it. It shouldn’t result in someone having their support for the club called into question.
Anyway, if that was the case we wouldn’t criticise SuperCoach. After all he is a club legend also(LG was a big fan of him as a player).

Drag Queen

Bench
Over the last couple of months I have swung from Nighty is untouchable to now thinking he has a fight on his hands. Not in question are his past deeds nor his undying commitment to the club but time doesn’t stand still. If the club is serious about backing juniors to FG then Nighty & Nene have to perform or else(also applies to Lafai & Aitken).
Agree 100% I haven't seen too much of the youngsters this year because we've moved further up the coast. I did go and watch the Steelers play the Wyong Roos. Not a great game for our boys. I came away from that game with a feeling of dread. Missed Demetriou this season. I would have liked to see him knock McGregor outta of the park. Damn shame.

Latest posts