What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weber Q Gas Conversion

Hi all,

I have a Weber-Q that was originally fit out for natural gas (my last home had the point out the back for it.) We've moved into an 80 year old home that doesn't have town gas and it's an expensive exercise to get it fit off just for a BBQ so I am looking to convert to LPG bottles. It appears as though it can be achieved, but I cannot find anything in regard to pricing or kits on the Weber-Q site?

Has anyone done this themselves? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
To convert from LPG to town gas which runs on approx half the pressure, you need to change the orifice or jet in which the gas passes through and the pressure regulator.

On a BBQ it may be simpler as gas conversions I have done have been on boilers and the like.
I would suggest dropping into, or ringing BBQs Galore or the like like as they should have a conversion kit.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
You should be able to get a regulator that will deliver the correct pressure.
BBQ's galore would be the logical starting place.

Latest posts