What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1

shiznit

Coach
The chargers do it again... :joy::joy:

They can't blame the kicker either.... that was all the lines fault.

Tom155

Coach
2nd year in a row Broncos have won the opener after icing the opposing kicker.

That no call on the INT swung the momentum big time, P.I. all day. Going to have to improve quite a bit if they want to beat Dallas next week. Injuries on the D are definitely concerning as well.

Paullyboy

Coach
I really hate the 'ice the kicker' thing, it just feels like bad sportsmanship to me. Given how seppo's are absolutely obsessed with this whole 'showing class' thing and berate anyone who so much as dares to try in the 4th quarter with a lead of more than a TD, I'm surprised it isn't condemned.

shiznit

Coach
I honestly think people haven't really cared about it because it's a crapshoot...

I think your just as likely to
ice a kicker who misses the first and nails the second.

Which I'm pretty sure Andy Reid did last season... :joy::joy:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I honestly think people haven't really cared about it because it's a crapshoot...

I think your just as likely to
ice a kicker who misses the first and nails the second.

Which I'm pretty sure Andy Reid did last season... :joy::joy:

"According to ESPN, icing NFL kickers with less than 10 seconds in the game actually increases their chances of making the kick. This is most pronounced on longer kicks. For field goals of 50+ yards, the odds of success for the kicker more than double from 37.5% to 77.8%."
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-stat...tive-If-not-why-is-this-still-common-practice

Vozzy

Juniors
Being a wests tigers fan and a chargers fan combined i believe i have lost 10 years at the back end of my life. Talk about 2 heart attack teams.

Chargers were frustrating. All those weapons in attack and it was 3qtrs of run run pass against a top 5 defense. It wasnt until we were 24-7 down they told Phil to do 2min drills. We looked much better and leathal if we hurried up our offense rather then letting the play clock continuously running down to 1 sec and forcing us to waste 3 time outs in the 1st qtr while calling audibles with such intense crowd noise. I will give it to donkey fans its like having an extra man out there. Hopefully a full Sub Hub stadium where the fans are like a few metres away can have the same effect aganist the dolphins.

Anthony lynn came out saying they should have continued with the run game and been patient cos he says broncos would have gotten worn down earlier. He also said we need better defense which was weird cos they turned the game for us.

Frustrating thing about the chargers is whether they are playing the patriots or the browns they continue to lose games by less then 7 points no matter who they play.

Paullyboy

Coach
Being a wests tigers fan and a chargers fan combined i believe i have lost 10 years at the back end of my life. Talk about 2 heart attack teams.

Chargers were frustrating. All those weapons in attack and it was 3qtrs of run run pass against a top 5 defense. It wasnt until we were 24-7 down they told Phil to do 2min drills. We looked much better and leathal if we hurried up our offense rather then letting the play clock continuously running down to 1 sec and forcing us to waste 3 time outs in the 1st qtr while calling audibles with such intense crowd noise. I will give it to donkey fans its like having an extra man out there. Hopefully a full Sub Hub stadium where the fans are like a few metres away can have the same effect aganist the dolphins.

Anthony lynn came out saying they should have continued with the run game and been patient cos he says broncos would have gotten worn down earlier. He also said we need better defense which was weird cos they turned the game for us.

Frustrating thing about the chargers is whether they are playing the patriots or the browns they continue to lose games by less then 7 points no matter who they play.
I've watched the Chargers reasonably closely the last 3 years because I've had both Gates and Gordon in my team. I can honestly say that their playcalling is the worst I've ever seen, particularly in the 4th quarter. Anyone can tell when they are going to run just by looking at their formation, and when they do call pass plays, it's always at the wrong time. They're the sort of team who would run on 3rd and 11, but pass on 3rd and inches.

I don't know if it's still the same coach, but the Chargers and 4th quarter playcalling are a thing that stick out horrifically.