What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WEEK TWO - North Queensland 49 Warriors 12 @ DFS

Raider_69

Post Whore
well done to bowman
a fantastic contributor to nth qld rl

the warriors halves found wanting on the big stage

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Folded faster than a cheap tent. I expected us to go in straight sets before we played Parra, but that was shameful.

Congratulations Cowboys, far, far too good.

Rovelli

Bench
It just hurts to see us lose like we did.

The Tri-Nations final last year hurt a lot, but at least we fought bravely for 85 minutes in one of the best games of league ever.

Anyway, 2008 should be a brighter year for us.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dr Crane said:
Folded faster than a cheap tent. I expected us to go in straight sets before we played Parra, but that was shameful.

Congratulations Cowboys, far, far too good.

Bullsh*t. We never gave up but the heat just got the boys after the first half and anyone who doesn't think the Cowboys didn''t have to work hard for that win knows f**k-all about rugby league. The Warriors have nothing to be ashamed of, we looked like genuine contenders for most of the season and this game doesn't change my opinion.

Shorty

Staff member
Fast Eddie said:
Tony Archer is such a merkin

Left one of our worst 70 minute periods to a decider.
Yep and I would say that was one of our best games.
To be fair the Warriors fought their hearts out but it would have been extremely difficult in the heat amongst other things.

Well done to the boys,take that haters!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fast Eddie said:
Heat + basic errors + good Cowboys play + Archer being a merkin= final result.

Pretty much. I think the Cowboys were definitely good enough to win, but take the heat, crowd and ref out and I reckon the margin would have been a lot less.

Shorty

Staff member
I didn't think Archer was too bad,he sure did sink the boot in with a few penalties though that were harsh but that's the luck of the draw.
I'm sure we'll get a few next week no doubt.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
SpaceMonkey said:
Bullsh*t. We never gave up but the heat just got the boys after the first half and anyone who doesn't think the Cowboys didn''t have to work hard for that win knows f**k-all about rugby league. The Warriors have nothing to be ashamed of, we looked like genuine contenders for most of the season and this game doesn't change my opinion.

Now that i've relaxed a bit (and doubled checked that i did tip the Cowboys), you're mostly right.

It was always going to be hard in Townsville, but there was just way too much stupid sh*t thrown in to compete.

Iafeta

Referee
Shorty said:
I didn't think Archer was too bad,he sure did sink the boot in with a few penalties though that were harsh but that's the luck of the draw.
I'm sure we'll get a few next week no doubt.

Archer didn't cost us the game. A couple of puzzling calls, I was mostly disappointed in the no call of HELD on Ray Cashmere, and you could tell he knew he'd stuffed it by the mere fact he went upstairs hoping that there was something that could save him from having to award the try, and the Thurston "late tackle" from McKinnon.

But those moments came way after we'd been belted well and truly, the game is lost make no bones about it off three errors...

Michael Crockett's fumble after the break
And Grant Rovelli's woeful organisation getting sacked twice in a row same play, and add into that an intercept. What hurts with the second one is... he didn't learn. He got into trouble with it last week, but he still didn't learn.

The Cowboys were too good... for the Warriors, Rapira I thought was our best.

Latest posts