What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WEEK TWO - North Queensland 49 Warriors 12 @ DFS

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Just look at our record under Archer and you will know why I think he is a merkin. We only got 3 penaltys. And only 1 of them was in the play of the ball region which was inside the first 5 minutes.

And then we proceded to f**k it up.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Iafeta said:
Archer didn't cost us the game. A couple of puzzling calls, I was mostly disappointed in the no call of HELD on Ray Cashmere, and you could tell he knew he'd stuffed it by the mere fact he went upstairs hoping that there was something that could save him from having to award the try, and the Thurston "late tackle" from McKinnon.

But those moments came way after we'd been belted well and truly, the game is lost make no bones about it off three errors...

Michael Crockett's fumble after the break
And Grant Rovelli's woeful organisation getting sacked twice in a row same play, and add into that an intercept. What hurts with the second one is... he didn't learn. He got into trouble with it last week, but he still didn't learn.

The Cowboys were too good... for the Warriors, Rapira I thought was our best.

Bang on Feka. I feel for our forwards especially, tried their guts out in impossible conditions and got no support from their halfback. How muc hdid we miss Vatuvei carting it up on the 1st/2nd hit-ups today?

RABK

Referee
Did Price get the 157 or so metres he needed to break the record?

I think he finished on 12 hit ups so i'm doubtful... it'd be extremely dissapointing if he didn't.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
RABK said:
Did Price get the 157 or so metres he needed to break the record?

I think he finished on 12 hit ups so i'm doubtful... it'd be extremely dissapointing if he didn't.

Would have been bloody hard to keep up his usual workrate in those conditions- although I think he struggled less than most.

innsaneink

Referee
I thought the enzedders would bow out in straight sets.....tbh the game really wasnt played on a level field.
Pretty amateur, NRL.

Missa

Juniors
warriors were very disappointing...i really wanted them to win.....oh well bring on next week.....lets hope that there is at least one sydney team in the final

nqboy

First Grade
J T said:
So, what do you think the crowd figures approx would've been, had it been that way (Cowboys vs Warriors on Sat Night, Bulldogs vs Parra on Sunday)?
25K and 60K.

Oh well brilliant match, especially first 50 odd minutes. Boys played well but then self destructed late in the game.

Cows outplayed us fair and square, but sheesh isnt that Archer terrible? Would hate to see one of the last games decided on his poor decision making.

Well cows, best of luck for next week. Too good today.

nqboy

First Grade
I thought the Warriors were almost gone at halftime. The Cowboys little men were starting to tear them apart.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
nqboy said:
I thought the Warriors were almost gone at halftime. The Cowboys little men were starting to tear them apart.

I think the heat started to get to us at about the 30 minute mark, you could see the forwards starting to struggle from about then.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Price finished on 91m from 11 runs.

Great stuff in a losing side that never really got back to business after the 24-12 gap opened up.