What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend 'Double Dippy' for Ippy ....

The Partisan

Bit unfortunate (albeit in a good way) that the Ipswich Jets supporters have a weekend double header over two days.

Saturday arvo the BRL team is in the BRL GF at Easts Langlands Park ( or should i say Tapout Stadium !) ; then 24 hours later the ISC team is lining up out at Wynnum for the GF qualifier.

Kind of wonder if it will dilute the travelling crowd from Ippy for one or both days.

Then again .....perhaps the hotels / motels / caravan parks of Brisbane's eastern / bayside suburbs will be doing good business Saturday night !!!

PS. Then of course, if Ippy win the ISC game ......it is off to Lang Park / Suncorp in a week's time !!!

One down, one to go.

Pretty sure today's BRL gf win is the first premiership in any grade for the Ipswich Jets since the Colts victory in 1990.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I'm suspecting that Wynnum might now end up losing both the Grand Finals they have made this year. I would think Burleigh should win the Colts Prelim tomorrow and are entitled to be favourites in the decider next week.

Wynnum has never won a Colts Premiership.

After the win in the State Championship on Sunday, 2015 has certainly been the year of the Jet.

Not only did Ipswich win their first ever 1st grade premiership (and follow it up the next weekend), they also won their first ever BRL/Reserve grade title.

And just to think they failed to win a single game in the inaugural year of the Qld Cup 20 years ago.