What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome, Tuimoala Lolohea

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Tuimoala Lolohea leaves Warriors, joins Tigers
David Long
Published:
May 26 2017 - 2:49PM

Tuimoala Lolohea has officially left the Warriors and informed Wests Tigers that he will sign with them.

The 22-year-old, who fell out of favour with Warriors coach Stephen Kearney, had been seeking a release from the club for the past few weeks.

The Warriors allowed him to talk to other NRL teams and the Tigers along with the Raiders and Cowboys all put offers to the one-test Kiwi.

Lolohea was granted the release on Friday after the Warriors completed the signing of Zac Santo from the Raiders to be his replacement.

Lolohea was then able to make his final decision on which club to join and went with the Ivan Cleary-coached Tigers, agreeing to a 2-1/2 year deal.

He has waived the 10-day cooling period and will be ready to play for the joint venture in next weekend's game against the Dragons.

MORE TO COME

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/content/adapt...es-warriors-joins-tigers-20170526-gwe06f.html

He has waived the 10-day cooling period and will be ready to play for the joint venture in next weekend's game against the Dragons.

Must have really wanted to get out of Auckland.

Hopefully on the first available flight out, straight into it and has a far better debut than that guy who made his debut for Parra last weekend.

Clifferd

Coach
Hope he doesn't expect miracles this year

He really is a 2018 signing that's come early

But welcome aboard son

bjm8

Juniors
Hope he doesn't expect miracles this year

He really is a 2018 signing that's come early

But welcome aboard son

I hope people will reserve judgement until 2018. I can see him having a couple of shockers and have a majority of our fan base turn on him. Really as long as he puts in he's an improvement on the little bitch that went to Parra.

I'm not sure where you guys play him to be honest. He's a very poor #6, he failed at centre, failed at Fullback but had some good touches on the wing where he can't roam around running sideways.

His running game is ok when he's going forward, but kicking and passing is problematic.

Hope he comes right but you shouldn't expect much over the next 12 months.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Must have really wanted to get out of Auckland.

Hopefully on the first available flight out, straight into it and has a far better debut than that guy who made his debut for Parra last weekend.
It shouldn't be difficult to surpass the debut of the most deluded wanka in the NRL !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm not sure where you guys play him to be honest. He's a very poor #6, he failed at centre, failed at Fullback but had some good touches on the wing where he can't roam around running sideways.

His running game is ok when he's going forward, but kicking and passing is problematic.

Even if he was out of form hes a massive improvement on the unscrupulous oxygen thief he is replacing @ 5/8 !

Tiger05

First Grade
I have no idea if this guy is going to perform or not but I like him a lot more than the three merkins that have left or are leaving us this year.

Clifferd

Coach
Whats the tigers 2018 lineup looking like?

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Idris/Marsters/Fonua/MWZ
5. Fonua/MWZ/Thompson
6. Renoylds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Mcillwrick
10. Matulino
11. McQueen
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

I think everything is almost confirmed barring the right edge centre/wing combo

And the bench

Perth Tiger

Bench
Happy that this if finally confirmed. Hopefully allows him to settle in and the really come of age in 2018

Vic Mackey

Referee

I have my reservations. He has talent but there's obviously a reason he hasn't kicked on under 2 different coaches.

With all the fullbacks on the market though I feel he is the best fit for our team. Guys like Dugan and hoppa are good players but I think a fast attacking fullback suits us more, plus we need a goal kicker. Maybe getting out of his comfort zone will be what he needs, Konrad Hurrell has been very consistent for the Titans.

If he isn't a hit at fullback Cleary has Nofoaluma there as an option plus there's mail that we're in talks with Alex Johnstone. Lolo could always just shift out to the wing.

Whatever happens I'm looking forward to watching him for the rest of the year and into next year as our 1

Vozzy

Juniors
I can't remember him playing 5/8 at all really I guess can't be any worse then rankin/little john combo.

It will be like having 2 fullbacks out there. Would love to see him and tedasco link up.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If he's going to come good it will be fullback.

Has a nice pass when part of a link rather than being the one to create it from nothing.

Just needs to fix his bomb catching and show a willingness to put his body on the line. If he can fix up those two things he will do fine at fullback.

Shredder

Juniors
He is a very very good signing.

1. Not expensive
2. Still young
3. Wants to play fullback
4. Can provide halves depth

Even if he isnt the greatest player in the world, he is an excellent pickup

super_coach

First Grade
Open mind about this signing. Not expecting much this year, our forward pack is shot to pieces and he seems by all accounts to be out of nick. Next year with a good pre season and a pack with plenty of grunt he could be a very good signing, on the other hand he could be rocks and diamonds

Iafeta

Referee
Good luck Tui. I like the lad and hope he has a great career.

From an athletic stand point he has it all. He just needs to fix some basics. Catching a high ball for one and any form of organisation as another. He's kind of that round peg that doesn't fit in a square hole.

That said if he fixes those things he's a young bloke with amazing talent.

BuffaloRules

Coach
From what I have seen, he looks like he has a ways to go before he becomes even an average NRL standard player...

Let's hope the change and Ivan's coaching can get some improvement out of him...

Looks like he will be the 6 the rest of this year so I'm hoping he can show us something...certainly he is worth playing in front of the halves that took the field last week..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a ball running 6, he should be fine. Leave the organising to Brooks. Reynolds isn't much of an organiser either, so it's good preparation for both

Latest posts